Toms Hardware Used to be believable

ibew112

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
remember when Tom had an interesting page, Now it is so commercial and product backed oriented you cant believe anything you read. Leave the commecials at home on TV, that greed and power sure did screw this site up. for instance three new ati mobos under review and there is a post showing cpuz with a AMD X2 4400 underclocked to 1875 megahertz to show that MSI doesnt have very good OC perameters, wtf ? turn the Juice up poor the coal to it and then prove ABIT is better than MSI. I wonder how much Abit contributes to the unbiased opinion of Sellout Tomshare ? ? I dont really give crap but I have an MSI Neo4 that runs circles around Abits K8N ultra... I couldnt even get abit to not crash on the Sapphires GTO2 trixxs Max Mem, Max Core clock screen at normal cpu multipliers. So I have a gutted case and a lonely K8N Ultra sitting looking pretty in the corner and An MSI neo4 that runs AMD X2 2.0 Ghz at 2.67 with aircooling, sorry ABIT $120, MSI $60 Kicked your teeth in.

P.S. I really like 10 advertisements per page and per article Tom Sellout

Admiral_Cecil

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2005
Haro,

If you haven't noticed, it costs money/ mula to:

a) host web pages
b) bandwidth/ isp
c) buy the products to do the reviews
d) invest in equipment to do the test on
e) pay for external services
f) electrical bill
g) and more

BTW, if you are so worried about the ads, then ask THG to setup a paypal thing so people can start paying to have the ads gone. Now, no one should just pay $1-$5 and hope the ads will magically go away. If you are rich enough, maybe $1000 a person would do.

Ign, RPGamer, CNN, Weather channel, they all have lots of ads now then before the crash of the stock market back in 2000/2001.

Curious1

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005
What ads are you talking about? I don’t see any ads at all…oh wait, I’m using Firefox with the adblock extension. My mistake. Learn to fight tech with tech not with whining. 8)

Vile

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
What ads are you talking about? I don’t see any ads at all…oh wait, I’m using Firefox with the adblock extension. My mistake. Learn to fight tech with tech not with whining. 8)

:roll:

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
then ask THG to setup a paypal thing so people can start paying to have the ads gone.
I should set up a Silver Phoenix Group website with a Paypal donation system. :mrgreen:

Keep hope alive! Donate to the SPG.

(Or maybe that should be keep Cedrik alive...)

Of course that ranks right up there with my desire to one day own a PDA/phone with unlimited mobile minutes to host a web page from my pocket. I'm still waiting to win the lotto...

mpjesse

Splendid
remember when Tom had an interesting page, Now it is so commercial and product backed oriented you cant believe anything you read. Leave the commecials at home on TV, that greed and power sure did screw this site up.

I'm not usually one to resort to name calling, but you sir are a jackass.

Show me a respectable enthusiast site that doesn't advertise OR ask for donations and I'll give you a hand job.

Like someone said earlier, do you think the bandwidth you wasted on these forums to post your uneducated, simplistic, and naiive opinion was free? Go look up how much it costs to host a website that moves terabytes of bandwidth every month on dedicated servers.

-mpjesse