Tom's Hardware Visits PCPartner In Dongguan, China

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

its 300usd per month ...not per shift.....some have much less

jestersage

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2007
It's pretty fair wage over here (not exactly in Dongguan) especially if you are single. For comparison, thing of $2 Big Macs. I figure those on campus can write off rent, electricity and water (yes, we pay for tap) from their monthly bills as well.

steelbox

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
"We were told that if PCPartner didn’t let them work overtime, most would actually quit and look for other employment."
Right... let me correct that.
"We were told that if the employee didn’t accept working overtime, most would actually be fired and forced to look for other employment."

michalmierzwa

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Cheap labor and very monotonous, I think repetition must have psychological consequences on these workers. That would explain why while back some workers committed suicide at Foxconn

G

Complain more guys... then later on.. dont forget to complain about prices at newegg...!

gamoniac

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
I am impressed with the tests they perform on the products. I will definitely consider Zotac in my next upgrade, and I previously never even consider them. Good marketing strategy and PR effort, Zotac!

aje21

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
All parts are not fixed firmly in place, and the cards are theoretically ready for duty.
From Picture 18 Snappy Solder
(I assume that all the parts are now fixed firmly in place.)

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Zotac sorta lost my favor after one of their mini-ITX boards I owned fried one of my Corsair DIMMs and its onboard GPU failed when I wasn't even using it.

affroman112

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
I liked the article, but since I work at an electronics plant on the assembly line it just reminds me how much my job sucks. It is extremely repetitive. Interesting to see that they use the same processes that we do though.

f-gomes

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
Toms, I have to say... I've been a reader since 1997, and have endured all kinds of sh*t with all the evolution of this site. I've coped with it being sold and the subsequent diversity in information and arguably decay in quality, but...
I JUST CAN'T STAND THIS STUPID LAYOUT, browsing through photos and click 'read more', what the heck is this??? Are you trying to reinvent the wheel????

G

doctorpink: I guess that's conservatard Reagan economics at it's finest.

American wages have been stagnant ever since "fair trade" became a Republican buzzword. Importing things from China incurs higher shipping costs that substantially offset cheaper labor. Shipping all of our money overseas creates inflation. Taking those 3 undeniable facts into the equation, if we did make things here, we'd actually be able to afford them, even if more expensive, because we'd all have good paying jobs.

People used the same argument against abolishing slavery (the previous art of cheap labor), and I don't recall that destroying our country and causing Newegg's prices to skyrocket.

mariush

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008

In certain parts of the world like Asia or Russia or Africa, people are still buying second hand CRT monitors. On the other hand, some more serious gamers prefer big 21"-23" CRT monitors because it allows them to play at large frame rates, think 100-120 Hz.

So they have to test various resolutions and various frequencies anyway and for that CRT monitors are better.

That's my guess.

Oh, and they don't have to care about bumping into them or scratching them, they won't fall from where they are placed as hard as they may try.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008

For as long as I can remember, folks complained about the previous layout, which forced refreshing the page for every picture. I pushed and pushed and got the dev team in France to fix that. Now we have this one, which isn't perfect, but is still significantly better.

I'm trying to keep the writers working on captions that are short enough so as to not overflow, causing the "Read more" prompt. Many of the captions for this piece don't. For the ones that do, sorry!
Best,
Chris

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]soccerdocks[/nom]Get rid of the "read more" button and just make the text appear all the time and I'll consider actually reading this article.[/citation]

You're the best,bro

Status
Not open for further replies.