Tom's Hardware's 2010 Gift Guide: Part 1, For System Builders

Status
Not open for further replies.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]Alternative title:Gift Guide Part 1, for Deep Pockets[/citation]

Phenom II for under $100? You must have those pockets that are sewn shut at the top, for decoration! =)

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Nice review, but I'd have liked to see advice for different budgets. For example, you could recommend a budget, mid range and high end product. For example, I'm currently in the market for a discrete sound card, but don't such an expensive one. On the other hand, I wouldn't be satisfied with a Phenom II X2. It's still a great article, mind you, but it'd have been nice to see some love for every end of the market.

[citation][nom]ntr[/nom]Radeon 6870 girl ... someone forgot to photoshop her ^^[/citation]
No, it's the taint that a Diamond product radiates. They're #2 on my personal "Do not buy" list, right after Belkin.

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
The phenom II x2 555 is some of the BEST bang for the buck. I dropped it in my build, got a quad core running at 3,6 ghz for about 25 $ per core, and I didn't even have to disable any of the powersaving features or anything actually to get it working like this.

fausto

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
Toms needs to spend more money on the holiday Models department. seen much better chicks at Quakecon 2008. No offense to the ladies but some of you are not booth babe material

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Bluescreendeath[/nom]girls > computer parts that we already know about[/citation]

If you're that desperate to see pictures of girls, you're probably right; you must know computer parts better than girls.

It's pretty sad when pictures of girls gets so much of a reaction. I swear if you get out of the house, you'll actually see them in real life. I'm not lying. You can even say "Hi" to them, and they'll probably even give you a response. I know it sounds far fetched, but I'm really confident about this, so just trust me.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]fausto[/nom]Toms needs to spend more money on the holiday Models department. seen much better chicks at Quakecon 2008. No offense to the ladies but some of you are not booth babe material[/citation]

The pathetic part is, how it's still getting these desperate guys worked up.

Some of the pictures are just bad too, like the one with the Radeon.

accolite

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
TA152H, I'm not desperate... I'm married, but I enjoy a good looking woman more than looking at some hardware components after all we are guys! If you don't your probably a woman yourself or a homo!

accolite

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
By the way the brunette model is very attractive, she has the face of a model, or she is very photogenic. the other two seam somewhat kind of average.

kkiddu

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Toms could do with better models. Another guide's models [Don't remember the title, it was in second half, 2010] were much much better.

So what do you do ? You know the hardware...you don't like the chicks. Get better models puh-lease Toms.

To those featuring in the pics : No offense, but you've got competition that does much better in the job of looking good. It's a competitive world, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.