Tom's Hardware's 2012 Gift Guide, Part 2: For Gadget Geeks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I was going to say that the pictures are too artsie for me but apparently everyone else loves them.

I guess my idea is a hot nerdy chick with librarian glasses working on her laptop in lingerie as opposed to a girl with a funny winter hat out in the cold with her foot perched on a NAS on a rock.

I actually used to like it when they had originally had some of toms hardware employees dressed up in santa and elf outfits showing off the gadgets.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]chomlee[/nom]I was going to say that the pictures are too artsie for me but apparently everyone else loves them. I guess my idea is a hot nerdy chick with librarian glasses working on her laptop in lingerie as opposed to a girl with a funny winter hat out in the cold with her foot perched on a NAS on a rock. I actually used to like it when they had originally had some of toms hardware employees dressed up in santa and elf outfits showing off the gadgets.[/citation]
We miss Sarah, too, chomlee.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Okay, sex sells, we get the point. But it's not really effective when the girls are so hot you don't even check the actual product...Food for thoughts...

zcoot

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Have one of those raspberry pi's. Very fast for OS and stable would recommend. Although I cannot find a cross compiler.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]Wow. Five pages of comments removed? Censorship is getting really heavy on the net lately. Anandtech is doing the same crap...[/citation]
Unfortunately, people can't be decent. I warned everyone early on. Hey, but happy New Year! =)

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
So a dignified post about how we'd like just tech and no models is "indecent"? Chris, come on man. Some of us would prefer no models. Why can't we say that? This is AMERICA.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
[citation][nom]cangelini[/nom]We miss Sarah, too, chomlee.[/citation]

I was wondering what happened to Sarah...she was the best so far...although I think Jane might give her a run for her money if she wanted to. ;-)

G

Falcon Northwest apparently has terrible taste in women and clothing.

zipperhead

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Where do they get these slappers from? Seriously. Any woman that doesn't mind stuffing an XBox between her legs to turn a dollar is the kind of woman Id like to meet. I wonder what else they'll do for a little hard currency? Don't bother calling them "ladies" they are just whoring themselves for money. I dont have a problem with it, but call a spade a spade already.

ZakTheEvil

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
I do enjoy pictures of women: naked, clothed and anything in between, but there is just something wrong with these Tom's pictures. I find them somewhat strange and disturbing, but I can't quite tell why.

Lasivian

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
I think Tom needs to realize that not all geeks are guys that want to see sexy women in ads. No love for the female gamer.

graphicsgriffin

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Nice collection of products. But really, I don't like girls being used as advertising material. Come on, when will we start treating women as humans as not as some kind of object? You do not have to be half naked to be talented. Others may like it this way, but I am a man who like to respect women and I simply do not much agree with this advertising policy. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.