Tom's Hardware's AMA With Gigabyte, In Its Entirety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leamon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
My question is when will there be a Haswell motherboard that supports 64Gb RAM so I can achieve my dream of a 56Gb RAMDisk!

I had a question to ask , and missed again :( Anyways , here's my question -

Since Gigabyte sells both Motherboards and GPU's , Is there going to any integration like the Motherboard increasing/decreasing GPU clock , Voltage , Fan speed on its own , according to the situation and type of use ? If yes , does Gigabyte plan to release a specific motherboard and/or GPU series which support this , or will some existing motherboards have this as well ? Also does Gigabyte plan on launching OC capable OC series motherboards with the B85/H87 chipset ?

PreferLinux

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Q. What does Gigabyte make beside motherboard and graphic cards? Does Gigabyte plan on making other product such as PSU, CPU Cooler, Fan, etc.?
They do, but according to all the reviews I've seen (at Hardware Secrets, maybe others) they're utter rubbish.

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
No one wants to give us ONE decent microATX AM3+ board. You will be the only one, Gigabyte. I would be willing to pay above average money for an average microATX board. :(

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
To be honest, I don't care about the board being socketed. If the processor is fast, the board is top quality, and the system on a chip is cheap then it's a total win in my book - as long as you include a PCI-E slot. Intel still can't make a GPU worth my time.

xomm

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011

That's kinda contradictory - BGA Haswells are the only ones that have Iris Pro iGPUs, and that's one of their selling points.
That's the point of having a soldered package - it's directed at people who could care less about upgrading and have no need for a dedicated GPU.

MITX form factor is where the I7 4770R could have excelled but it appears that the i7 4770R is already a catastrophic failure along with IRIS, it was intended to be standalone integrated graphics to isolate AMD and Nvidia mobile GPU's and to challenge AMD's APU platform yet we have seen all OEMs shipping IRIS off with discrete solutions and the desktop i7 4770R already appears to be overpriced and pointless, proves the point that all the money in the world means nothing when its the end user's needs that are not being tailored for, it was always about making money and nobody, or at least sane people will not drop a $500 bomb on a 4770R.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Q. Will we see any mATX AM3+ motherboards from Gigabyte?

A. Regarding AM3+ in Micro-ATX, I'm pretty sure that we don't currently see sufficient demand. AM3+ is pretty much squeezed into an enthusiast space where ATX seems a better fit, not least because it provides better multi-GPU options.

Q. Are there any plans in the future to make am3+ mITX boards?

A. We just launched our FM2 mini-ITX motherboard, and we are investigating the possibility of doing more small form fact motherboards for different AMD platforms.

Anyone else notice this?

Status
Not open for further replies.