Tom's Hardware's Haswell-E-Based Builder Sweepstakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read through all the systems, and made notes on the ones I would be likely to buy, and went to the contest page and filled out everything there, and submitted my entry, and failed to find anywhere to list or choose my 3 favorites. So I don't know what is going on, but I have my 3 favs selected, and got no place to enter them...

twkr

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014
Cyberpower PC with that configuration looks fantastic, has components that are great and it's priced right. That makes it stand out above the rest. Plus, it's a hassle-free closed loop for both the CPU and GPU? Yes please!

Digital Storm makes beastly builds, it's tough not to want something that sexy and who wouldn't want four-way SLI with Titan Blacks? It's over the top, though you'd expect two 4 TB HDDs in RAID 1, if you're going all out.

The FragBox from Falcon Northwest also stands out because of the form factor, though it's still steep. Two Titan blacks and all the other goodness packed in a case that's mobile begs for a 4K projector and a LAN party, provided that HDMI 2.0 for full 4K at 60 FPS is feasible.

xyriin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
The Maingear system with the red piping looks awesome. For similar reasons I like the yellow Digital Storm system. To round out the top three I'd also add the NCIX system.

kritzler

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
All of these are gaming monsters, very beast setups. My personal preference are these three. Good luck fellow Tom's readers.

NCIX
Digital Storm
Maingear

coreykh

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014
The Maingear build is undoubtedly my favorite. I have always wanted to make a red and black build with my own custom wiring, and that red water cooling loop with straight runs just makes it all the better! And dual R9 295x2's is just a system builder's wet dream! It's just a beautiful rig. Good job Maingear!

The Falcon Northwest build also caught my eye as the only considerably small form factor build on the list. I have been wanting to build a small form factor build gaming PC for a while and this system is just everything anyone could want in a MicroITX system with a stunning look to boot!

Lastly, NCIX's case was one of my favorites, because I quite liked that they kept the price tag reasonable in comparison to some of the other builds while also maintaining to make a very competitive rig. I also liked the fact that there is also enough room for future, personal upgrading if you so choose. I have always been a fan of NCIX and I have to say, this is one of the few white and black builds that I really like!

Lovolt

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Perusing the fine print:

"C. There will be ten (10) sweepstakes winners.

D. The winners will be chosen by random drawing.

6. There will be twenty-four (10) prizes, awarded:..."

Didn't know that twenty-four = 10

Maybe Tom's is going to hire a monkey to read all these thousands of posts, and add up the totals for the winners.... Shouldnt cost more than a few dozen boxes of bananas and a year or two to get the totals done this way... LOL

So... just in case thats what they plan on doing, here goes....

CyberPower PC Gamer Infinity 8000 $2299
NCIX ROGueX Tier 2 $3619
AVADirect Core i7 X99 Low-Noise Custom Gaming System $1937.49

Alcyonestus

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
For my 3 favorite builds, I'm going to have to go with:
The CyberPower PC, because A) I really like the aesthetics, the purple color draws me in, and B) It's very reasonably priced, especially compared to the others.
My second favorite is the DigitalStorm, the main reason being it's ridiculous power. Seiously, what do you need 4 Titan Blacks for anyways? And at 12 grand, it may seem overpriced, but it's not that much more expensive than a custom build with those same parts. Also, it's sexy as hell.
Finally, my third favorite is the Origin PC. With 4 Titans, its not far behind Digitalstorm's setup, and for $2000 less, I'd say a great deal (For extreme end enthusiasts, of course).

blaint

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
Love Maingear's water cooling very classy.
Digital Storm gets points for the setup (not a fan of the color though), but those specs...
Like the clear case by Puget, too, so why not.

ironmind

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014
I really like the clean look that Ava Direct brings to the competition. Ditto for the Maingear offering and I'd kill for either system - the specs on both are sweet as well and would boost my productivity through the roof. My favorite though has to be the Puget System - the case alone is so singular, clean and unique that it would be a great piece to have in an office [tech lawyer].

Status
Not open for further replies.