Tom's Hardware's Reader's Choice Awards 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
"On the ballot/entry form, the PowerColor HD7870 PCS+ Myst Edition is listed twice."

Sooo your supposed to vote twice, right? Lol! I noticed that too. I guess when copy/pasting that it got pasted twice :)

zichus

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Don't get it - outside US residents should vote or will the answer discarded anyways? I just want to vote, but if its useless then why bother?

7. I am a legal resident of the USA (excluding RI) and 18 years of age or older. *This question is required.
Yes
No, Your Entry Will Be Discarded

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
I can't wait 'till the next Browser Grand Prix. Let's see what damage does IE11 do against Opera 18, Firefox's crumbling engine and Chrome's staleness

As is usual, sweepstakes for Americans only. I guess the rest of us just don't count as far as tomsharware is concerned. I haven't seen a single contest that included anyone outside the USA the whole time I've been here.

SessouXFX

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Does Tom's need a good editor? Calling the Corsair 900D a 800D, should be a punishable offense. Maybe being forced to cook one's food over AMD's R9 290X for a month would suffice?

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

Ballmer, have you nothing better to do with your retirement?

FritzEiv

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
<"On the ballot/entry form, the PowerColor HD7870 PCS+ Myst Edition is listed twice.">
Fixed. Thank you for catching this.

<"On page 7, is there a typo for Corsair Obsidian? You write 800D but do you actually mean 900D?"> Thanks for that catch, too. Fixed on the context and in the article.

re: U.S. only. We spell out why in the article, page 1. We regret this too, but we don't have much choice legally. However, we have modified the form to explain that non-U.S. residents can still vote . . . we just can't enter you into the contest.

Stevemeister

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
"Why is voting only limited to US residents? That's stupid imo".

Voting is not limited to US residents - just the prize awards . . . for ZIP code use 90210 if you are outside the US because as usual the ZIP code field is only set up to accept US Zip codes

Status
Not open for further replies.