Tom's Holiday Buyer's Guide 2008, Part 1

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wastral

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
If you really want BLu-Ray MOVIES/SPORTS then why are you wasting your time with LCD screens? Try a real projector and a 100+ inch screen.

High end JVC RS2 at $6500 for the best image available. For the medium end, the Panasonic AE3000 can also be used to view sports and native Blu-ray movies. The panny does not need a amorphic lense to switch between 2.35 ratio movies like lord of the rings and 16x9 content for normal sports viewing.

OBviously both support 1920x1080 progressive. Both of these models are far superior to any LCD in a movie environment.

Brian

wastral

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
Well a measly 30" is fine for a news broadcast, but useless for a movie environment. The panny is available for $2500. For gaming? NO, but then this whole Christmas list of Toms is on the ultra high end. So, if we are going ultra high end why not a Real projector instead of that piece of junk he put in the review? Has frame interpolation also I might add which that monitor most definetly does not. OF course software on the computer could do it. I do not know of any software that currently does. But then I have not looked in the last year so...
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.