Toms Not Broad Enough On Testing

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
I find it most unusual that toms benchmarking is so limited he keeps useing the same software over and over and over now ive benchmarked with these so called reliable benchmarks and they never come out the same so how can you fairly test each product.
Now i dont play quake 3 so i cant support the benchmarking use of it i play unreal tournament, and ive played and seen it on the duron, athalon, and the firebird core. And ive played it on a p3 and p4 with as similar hadrware config you can get and the amd stuff for this application cant beat the frame rate, heres a comparison i own a p3 600e ya i know its slow to all you super processor freaks but it does me fine.
The video card is a viper 2 i get 50 to 60 frames a sec k wow aint the best but it gets me by. and ive played unreal on a duron 700 133 front side all torqued out nice system all in all same card and ammount of memory 256 for anyone want to know , anyways the frame rate on the duron was 25 to 40 now im all for competeition but how can you even comnent on that now the cards not the fastest but non the less the duron and the same situation with a firebird core 30 40 frames for it just though i would mention that just dont equal out to what all the amd supporters say .. not pionting fingers tom... sorry couldnt resist but they are cheap for a reason folks they have less silicon than a p3 useing the same 0.18 technology dont beleive me wiegh them im serious and you dont need to be a semiconductor scientist to know they took somethin out right? well i know you hardcore users will not agree but its true. Now a lot of you folks like amd and other intel thats fine and dandy but for the real gamming arena because we all know unreal tournament is way better lol :) intel's the way same with the server point of view pentium pro and itanium amd you are great for internet SOHO environments not ( Note to you amd folks amd is still one year plus from 64 bit processors just thought you should know) But non the less i never posted this to p*ss you folks off im just saying from my own experiences what s on the up and up ... oh fugger calm down some people arnt reseptive to the truth so dont get bent out of shape...

Spud

Forgive and spelling and grammar mistakes

Canada Rules

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Spud on 02/16/01 10:16 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I got 1/3 through and started to get a headache... can someone edit this please? hehe... no offense intended.....

-----------------
Satan Clara...... 'Nuff said.

G

I forgive you for grammar mistakes but at least try to paragraph so it is readable. I don't even know what you’re trying to say. Since when did we start benchmarking on the weight of a processor?
Why don't you think it over again and post technical benchmarks?

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
it is quite technical the weight of the silicon is a very large part of a processor but i suppose you are a amd user so i will forgive yor apparent rudeness to me and my bad paragraphs

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Spud on 02/16/01 10:15 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
headache eh hmm maybe buy a 19 inch monitor 85 hertz minimum at 1280 1024 you wont have that problem anymore

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Spud on 02/16/01 10:17 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

I didn't mean to be rude and I don't own a AMD. Just explain what you mean bye the weight. The cpu's are of different design meaning they won't be the same size. If the athlon was missing something it wouldn't run anything that was mean for a intel cpu.

What resolution are you running? Maybe you don't have the amd system running right...

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
the weight of a processor is explains a lot about how many waiffers and transistors are onboard mybe you do know and maybe you dont but the current p4 are o.18 soon 0.13 i think anyways at current a p4 board has to have a special backing under the processor because what happens if you add 40 % more transistors it becomes 40 % heavier the sam e goes for the p3 and the amd current line they may have core design differences but the extra silicon for the extensions sections is almost identical 3d and mmx are very similar extention designs now you are right in the fact that the weight may not be a valid benchmarch technique but it does say a lot of what is put in there to begin with..

you must remember too though that a processor does one basic thing data in data out intel optimization is really nothin big other than a different instruction set chugging data that much better for that certain apps certain procedure plus it not very fair to compair optimization since amd does not provide a compiler for their products..

oh my mistake in thinking you were insulting me never was great at english

oh and rez was 1024 768 thats sound right i think i dont want to start it up to check
SPUD

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
not just wont buy a monitor that cost twice as much for 2 and some extra viewing inchs and ouch that resolutions hard on the eyes no matter what monitor or video card you can have it

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
oh cool but the monitor price per veiwable area is a crap in my opinion and you must remember it my opinion no personal attacks goin on here

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Lets see, if you design a processor like the PIII based on the PII, based on the P-Pro, then you will have certain redundencies and so forth incorperated that would require a new design to eliminate. So it is possible for the Athlon to include all the features while incorperating fewer redundencies simply because it is based on a newer design. Also, AMD uses an ultra-thin ceramic pin grid while the PIII uses thicker plastic, which would also affect weight. Now, I own a PIII. I picked the PIII over the Athlon simply because it gave me a better choice of motherboards. My choice had nothing to do with it weighing more!

Suicide is painless...........

lrmv

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This whole thread must be a joke... 8-}

Well maybe I could run faster if I didn't weigh a hundred kilos...

<i><font color=purple>Running within specs is the key to a stable computer!</font color=purple></i>

G

Oh, weight is important alright. I chose the Intel over the AMD just because of the weight. Its just like with cars. In a network collision with the ligther Athlon/Duron they will be smashed to pieces... ;-)
I feel more safe!

Henrik Hoexbroe

-The Dane In Spain-
cel600@945

G

U got it all wrong pal! Size matters! Look at the 386 CPU-s ... 50-70% of the 486 :) 30-60% of the Pentium...

Weight doesn't matter, It's the size!! :tongue:

<i> And they said schizophrenia is annoying?

G

size does matter eh??

the girls were right all along!!! :D

oh and spud....fullstops, they look like this --> .
PLEASE start using them...

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: cape does not enable user to fly.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Spud, simple answer.

Tom is on AMD payroll, he cannot publish a article without slammnig Intel.

He will not publish anything with Intel winning at anything. he is very biased in what comes from his website.

Tom is so lame, he cannot rotate the content on his home page.

I had no problem reading your post, NFC what griz or the other AMD lovers had a problem with, I guess you worded your post well enough that Griz couldnt quote every other line with his 1 liner come backs.

G

Wait till Intel releases good product (as it did with the P3 before Athlons were introduced), it surely will be positively reviewed at THG.

AMD must be losing a lot of money paying all the hardware review sites and magazines.

If Tom is unable to rotate the content, why don't you just scroll with the wheel of your mouse (or use the down key)?

SEARCH FIRST, THEN POST