Tom's On-location With Gigabyte Motherboards at Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.

steved54321

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
I trust Gigabyte more than Asus. It only takes one high end Asus mobo to fail on you until you try another brand. I have to say, Gigabyte has extremely good customer service and they make superb mobo's.

lp231

Splendid
Been there before and it was awesome. Lots to check out and most of the stuffs are located at Nangang. If you visit some the other two places, there should be a free shuttle bus that takes you to Nangang. Too bad consumers can only visit on the last day (don't know if they changed it). Visitors must purchase tickets and be over the age of 18, I guess that's due to very expensive products, booth babes, and some male models.
Taipei 101 is a fun place to visit too.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Gigabyte boards seem pretty good - I have one in my desktop and the one time I had to user their customer service (a few broken CPU pins, maybe my fault), they were pretty good about things.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]steved54321[/nom]I trust Gigabyte more than Asus. It only takes one high end Asus mobo to fail on you until you try another brand. I have to say, Gigabyte has extremely good customer service and they make superb mobo's.[/citation]I dont know about gigabyte now but when my second system socket 775 is crappy. The motherboard bios do a cold boot(double boot) whenever I OC my cpu. I pick Asus for my 1155 setup because of BIOS reason.

gjmay

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
wish that factory was over here where it belongs I bet we could build 'em better than they could and we need the jobs too!!

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]gjmay[/nom]wish that factory was over here where it belongs I bet we could build 'em better than they could and we need the jobs too!![/citation]

Wish the factories were over here I bet we could build 'em at the same quality level that they can and we could use the jobs too!!

FTFY. There is a reason why things like printed circuit boards are made over-seas; it's cheaper usually and they actually are capable of the same quality level of manufacture that the U.S. is.

gjmay

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
it all ain't about being cheap you do get what you pay for, while their quality may be "good" there are other things to consider there are no regulations over there so they do anything they want and don't have to worry about the slag. And I bet we could be competitive on price also if we taxed their stuff as heavily as they tax ours and consider other things too, our nation comes first for us and our so called companies that are based here could do more for our own people, keep the gumint outta this one and I bet we would even beat them on price AND quality and that goes for china too, U.S first and they can get something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.