Tom's Sites

Has anybody noticed the changes here?

• Yes, has gone downhill?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but for the better?

• No, I haven't noticed anything!

• No, it's still the great old Tom's site!

• Total voters

walthy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
I haven't used Tom's for awhile. Am I the only who has noticed a difference. I could log in but they think I am newly registered. I keep getting pop ups that I didn't click on. the roll over links are annoying. Has corporate America (or the world) taken over here.

Has anybody else noticed this?

walthy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
But why would Tom's site allow popups to take over in the middle of reading a post for instance.? With the Motorola ad there is no X in the upper right to close it, but going back gets rid of the ad, and sometimes loses your place. Not fun if you were in the middle of editing a post.

Yes, I am using IE8 and I'm using MSE. A new Norton is now available from Comcast Business Class service. I'll have to see if this helps. I've never been a fan of Norton, but this new product doesn't look bad and the price is right. We'll have to see how it does with popups.

Several of the Ads pop up to nearly full screen when you roll over the ad. Websites generate revenue from Ads. This isn't the only site. However, if you use Firefox with adblock plus, you can block most of them.