Tom's Two Million Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
here's hoping for anything that at least gives me parts i can use for my next pc build if not an entire pc... i'm on 16gb ddr2 and a phenom 955 black, literally anything on this list would be at least a fantastic stop gap to my next build if the zen is worth a damn, or a worthy main build if it sucks.

What about the rest of the bloody world?
All these 'USA only' contests are starting to royally pi## me off.
Isn't it about time Toms started to recognise its international nature and give the rest of us low lifes outside of the glorious US of A some recognition?
And yes, I'm really, REALLY angry! :(

chronium

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
You guys clearly need a new lawyer because he's telling you a bunch of bs about what is necessary to host international contests. You do not need international lawyers, your lawyer does need to create a legal agreement that works for multiple countries, which is possible, and download the necessary paper work from those countries for any international winners. I'm not saying it will be really easy but it is clear your lawyer does not want to do the work.

rayden54

Honorable
May 14, 2013
@coozie7 There's plenty of EU specific and country specific contests out there. Nobody gripes about all of those. Yet, every SINGLE US-only contest is filled with griping. Why are we the only ones expected to share?

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador

Working to address that as I type! We can't do anything about adblockers themselves, but we're switching out one of the buttons for an image version with a redirect. That should stay visible regardless of adblockers :)

chronium

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

If it's so simple, please, by all means, produce these papers for us. You clearly know what you're talking about here, so it should be no issue. Heck, maybe we should extend you a job offer if you can come through with it.

I didn't say it would be easy I said there lawyer is lasy. Calling all other contests as illegal when many of them are not large internationally based companies is what's laughable if any of that were true governments would be cracking down on them because it would be easy money for them to collect on.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador

Sorry about that! We'd love to include the rest of the world, but it's just not feasible for us right now.

We will be bringing back our Weekly Steam Giveaways/Discussions soon though, and those are open to everybody, international audience included! Not much of a consolation, I know, but it's something to look forward to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS