tomshardware.com home page

wpcoe

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
This is not a forum comment, but rather a comment about the "new & improved" tomshardware.co.uk home page. I used to visit tomshardware.com until it went the way of pretty pictures and tons of unwated white space, but the .co.uk site soldiered on with the "just the facts ma'am" list of news article titles.

Alas, the co.uk site has now defaulted to the .com format, so you have lost a follower.

Bye. It's been fun.

Looks like they got bought out again by an even bigger conglomerate.
Seen it happen a few times over the years. Been here since 96 and it has changed hands and formats many times, but the underlying forums for helping people remains the same so far.
The long time residents, experts ,and moderators always seem to trudge on and persist.
Sorry to see you go.

Gam3r01

Titan
Toms was acquired by Future in 2018, so this redesign does not really have to do with that acquisition.
The .co.uk site suffers from extremely lower traffic overall, so Im personally not surprised to see it go.

deviltenchi

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
I've been visiting Tom's for years and watched the downward spiral of once a great site. If any staff read the forums please note the new design sucks in epic proportions! It looks like it was designed for kids using tablets. It's all pictures, little text, and too much empty space. I can say this is the final straw and you have lost another reader.
Dumming down a tech site the way you did is insulting to your readers. Everyone who thought this was a good decision should be fired and stoned with old mice balls.

drtweak

Illustrious
Right there with you! I stopped posting in the Forums when it changed as I lost a LOT of my Likes, Answers, and Ranks. Do NOT like the new forums. Then saw the home page the other day. Yea I'm done. I may stop by once in a while but not everyday like i use to. I like the list of news links in order of release date. I can't tell what is what anymore on this new layout. Time to find a new site it looks like. Sad because I do get a lot of news and updates here.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS