TomsHardware iOS App.

NerdyComputerGuy

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Hey!

Are we going to get an update on the tomshardware app for iOS any time soon since it's pretty ancient.

I mean on my iPhone 5, it resizes to an iPhone 4 screen size, there is no option to access the forums so I can post while "on the go" and the text and pictures are using a really old simplistic version of HTTP.

I'm just wondering if the app is being worked on and a possible update is coming soon which would improve the interface for newer Apple products and will allow access to forums to read and post.

Best Regards,

are using a really old simplistic version of HTTP.
Do you mean the styling is basic? HTTP has been on version 1.1 since 1997. Unstyled HTML looks the same as it always has.

In general, you're probably better off using a browser - I really don't see the appeal of mobile apps for things that can be done directly online.

McHenryB

Admirable
Jan 31, 2015
Well-written apps can provide a much better experience on tablets and phones than a web browser. But I agree that if an app is not well-written and up-to-date then it is not a good experience. You've got to wonder why people produce apps like that.

ASK THE COMMUNITY