Tone throughout Def Leppard track "Animal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Washingmachine

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.music.bedroom.producers,alt.music.producer,alt.nl.audio.pro,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech (More info?)

Wondering if anyone can hear the weird tone that is in the background on the
song "Animal" By Def Leppard.
Why would Mr. Mutt Lang add this to the recording?

Wondering!

Deke

"WashingMachine" <washingmachine23@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> Wondering if anyone can hear the weird tone that is in the background on
the
> song "Animal" By Def Leppard.
> Why would Mr. Mutt Lang add this to the recording?
>
> Wondering!

Source? mp3 from p2p? CD?
If you bought it, take it back.
If its from a p2p source, try another source.

>Wondering if anyone can hear the weird tone that is in the background on the
>song "Animal" By Def Leppard.
>Why would Mr. Mutt Lang add this to the recording?

I think it's Joe Elliot's washing machine.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Archived from groups: alt.music.bedroom.producers,alt.music.producer,alt.nl.audio.pro,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech (More info?)

In article <PKbVc.1822716$Ar.947376
@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, washingmachine23@yahoo.ca
says...
> Wondering if anyone can hear the weird tone that is in the background on the
> song "Animal" By Def Leppard.
> Why would Mr. Mutt Lang add this to the recording?

I'm not hearing anything on the version on "Vault".. could you be more
specific?

--
Jay Levitt |
Wellesley, MA | Hi!

Robo

Distinguished
May 18, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.music.bedroom.producers,alt.music.producer,alt.nl.audio.pro,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech (More info?)

"WashingMachine" <washingmachine23@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:<PKbVc.1822716$Ar.947376@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>...
> Wondering if anyone can hear the weird tone that is in the background on the
> song "Animal" By Def Leppard.
> Why would Mr. Mutt Lang add this to the recording?
>
> Wondering!
You could post your question to Mike Shipley on the "Gearsluts"
forum.He engineered that record and a hell of a nice guy.

http://gearslutz.com/board/forumdisplay.php3?s=&forumid=3

Rob

"WashingMachine" <washingmachine23@yahoo.ca> schreef in bericht
> Wondering if anyone can hear the weird tone that is in the background on
the
> song "Animal" By Def Leppard.
> Why would Mr. Mutt Lang add this to the recording?
>
> Wondering!

What section of the song do you mean?

Regards,

Harrie
www.studiofroombosch.com

"Jay Levitt" <jay+news@jay.fm> schreef in bericht
> In article <PKbVc.1822716$Ar.947376
> @twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, washingmachine23@yahoo.ca
> says...
> > Wondering if anyone can hear the weird tone that is in the background on
the
> > song "Animal" By Def Leppard.
> > Why would Mr. Mutt Lang add this to the recording?
>
> I'm not hearing anything on the version on "Vault".. could you be more
> specific?
>
> --
> Jay Levitt |
> Wellesley, MA | Hi!
> Faster: jay at jay dot eff-em | Where are we going?
> http://www.jay.fm | Why am I in this handbasket?

It is possible to talk to Langes assistant engineer Mike Shipley at
Gearslutz.com. He may know the answer.

Harrie

Archived from groups: alt.music.bedroom.producers,alt.music.producer,alt.nl.audio.pro,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech (More info?)

In article
<PKbVc.1822716$Ar.947376@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>,
"WashingMachine" <washingmachine23@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Wondering if anyone can hear the weird tone that is in the background on the
> song "Animal" By Def Leppard.
> Why would Mr. Mutt Lang add this to the recording?
>
> Wondering!

It may be aliasing or squealing between two stages of recording. Before
there was digital aliasing, there was the tape head bias. See if it
exists on multiple CD pressings.

I've noticed that a Journey song (Separate Ways?) has a midrange tone
when it's played on the radio. Queensryche's Damaged has an annoying
tone that sounds like a pager going off in the background, though that's
probably feedback while they were playing.

dmwm23

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
I hear it. It is in the chorus of the song. I've heard it all the way from the first pressing of the vinyl to the CD to the Cassette. it's there and weird!.
try slowing it down (if you have the vinyl) you can hear the tone easier that way.

I wonder why they put that sound in the recording?

Dan McCormick

Honorable

Yup, cool someone else that can hear it.... Still wondering why it was added... or if its a result / byproduct of some processing done in the recording? Or is it meant to be there to and some kind of sonic excitement to the chorus...