Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.marketplace,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.sega,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Troy Heagy wrote:

> Help me pay off my $11,000 unemployment debt

Unemployment debt? Did you receive unemployment benefits you weren't
entitled to?

--crymad

crymad wrote:

> Troy Heagy wrote:
> >
> > Help me pay off my $11,000 unemployment debt
>
> Unemployment debt? Did you receive unemployment benefits you weren't
> entitled to?
>
> --crymad

Perhaps it's debt racked up while being unemployed...

Bel

--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"...we traveled together...east, always into the east."
- Marius, Diablo II

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.marketplace,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.sega,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

If i was unemployed and even *started* getting into debt I would just get
*any* job just to get some income. I just don't understand why people can't
get some job at a retail outlet while they're looking for their
career-specific job.

"Jojo Jonesy" <mrbiggles909@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If i was unemployed and even *started* getting into debt I would just get
> *any* job just to get some income. I just don't understand why people
can't
> get some job at a retail outlet while they're looking for their
> career-specific job.

It's not so easy to get a menial job when you are highly qualified, as the
employer knows you aren't planning to stick around and will jump as soon as
you find a good job. You could lie, but then you have to invent a story
about what you have been doing. I don't have a good story to cover all the
time I spent working on my Ph.D.

Tom S.

"Tom S." <tspauld@hotmail.com> wrote in

>> If i was unemployed and even *started* getting into debt I would just
>> get *any* job just to get some income. I just don't understand why
>> people
> can't
>> get some job at a retail outlet while they're looking for their
>> career-specific job.
>>

> It's not so easy to get a menial job when you are highly qualified, as
> the employer knows you aren't planning to stick around and will jump
> as soon as you find a good job. You could lie, but then you have to
> invent a story about what you have been doing. I don't have a good
> story to cover all the time I spent working on my Ph.D.

Not only that, but debt can come quickly. A car goes bad, the roof needs
to be fixed, or even just day-to-day bills can add up quickly. And even if
you get a job, it may not (probably won't) pay off your debt. He's making
extra headway by selling off some old stuff, and that may not be an easy
choice to make.

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com