Tons of problems, cant boot or anything

Zlash03

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Ok so im going to ty and divide up all my problems one-by-one to help everyone get a better understanding of them. Here is my computer specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit)
Hp G71-340US Notebook

1. Cant Boot: Just today, I tried to boot my computer up and it just wont. It gets stuck on the "windows" screen and wont go any farther, forcing me to do a hard restart. I cant boot it in safe mode, regular, last known good configuation, or any variation of that. It just sits dead on a black screen. I try "Launch startup repair" but it either gets stuck on a black screen, or comes up with this BSOD: "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" after it sits for a few mintes. When I try to boot in safe mode it comes up with another BSOD that says: "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". All of this started when I ran a virus scan all night last night.

2. Random BSOD's: Before when my computer actually worked, it would randomly BSOD and shut down after being on for a little while. It said something like "KERNEL_INPAGE_ERROR"

3. Random feezing: Also when my computer actually worked I would be using my programs like normal and suddenly everything would just "lock up". I couldnt open the task manager, which forced me to do another hard restart.

4. Smart Hard Disk Error: Ive had his problem for a while now. When I boot up my laptop it comes up with that error. Ive tried to run the dignosis multiple times but the quick check comes up with a "(303)" error and stops at 11%. Then it switches to full scan, it checks to 11%, says "Complete" and my computer locks up and does nothing. Forcing yet ANOTHER hard restart.

5. Windows Validation Failed: This one just happened a few days ago for absolutely no reason. I simply started my laptop up and it pulled that message up. I did nothing the day before and I feel like this is what did in my whole system because it would always boot up before it.

6. No Windows 7 disc: My laptop came factory with Windows 7 pre-installed so I have no disc. I wish I did cause maybe windows just needs to be re-installed.

So I think thats all of my problems. I dont have the slightest idea of what to do now since it wont boot up. I would kinda just like to get all of my files back. I heard there is this cable or something you can get where you connect it to the harddrive, then connect it to another computer and save the files. Is there anyway I can do that with a laptop? Or is there another solution where I can get on long enough to transfer my files?

When you purchase a laptop or notebook that doesn't come with a windows install disk then what the manufacturer does is put a secret partition on te hard drive containing a rescue software option that you can access and restore your laptop to factory condition. You will need to contact HP and give your model info and what other info they need and then they will give you instructions on how to access the hidden partition. I have a Toshiba and this is how I did a repair of the OS and I did have the option of sending for the disk or using the hidden partition and the partition worked fine. If you replace the drive you lose that hidden partition.

Zlash03

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012

I never knew that before. I read up on it a little bit but as far as I can tell you need the computer to actually boot up. Sadly mine wont boot up under ANY circumstances.

I don't think you have to boot into windows to use the hidden partition you would do that before it gets to windows and it's similar to a wondows install where you just need the laptop to turn on and get to the bios screen and not all the way to windows desktop.

Zlash03

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
The good news is like I said before I can get into safe mode. The bad part is I cant use Easy Transfer.

I do get a menu when I do that but which one is the partition? There are a few but im not sure which one to choose.

chugot9218

Honorable
Did you try holding f8 during start-up? You should be able to access the windows recovery console, and it will give you two options, you can do a repair install or a destructive install. If you do the repair install, it will place all the user created data in a windows.old folder on your C-Drive after the install, it basically just reinstalls all of the windows files and leaves your data alone. The destructive install will completely delete all the data on your HDD before it installs windows, you may want to try a repair install so you can grab your data and then a destructive install to make sure any lingering problems are eliminated.

Zlash03

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
It comes up with 5 options

Zlash03

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Yeah Ive tried the F8 thing. When it comes up, which option do I choose to do this?

EDIT: Ok so after I got into safe mode I tried to transfer some files and immediately it locked up and I had to force restart it. Im sorry but I have to admit this is REALLY pissing me off. Ive been working on this for 6 hours straight and gotten nowhere. I dont even understand why this happened in the first place cause all I did the day before was shut it down, and not install a SINGLE thing. I just want my freakin files so I can wipe the system out and start again.

zdbc13

Distinguished
You said you had a "Smart Hard Disk Error: Ive had his problem for a while now". You should have googled this and found out that you are probably having hard drive problems when you first noticed it. That's the time to back up your data.

http://hddscan.com/

is a good hard drive testing program but it's too late for that if you can't get into Windows.

Do you know the manufacturer of your hard drive? If so you can use another computer to make a CD with the manufacturers test suite and run those tests.

Zlash03

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012

I have had that going on for over a year now and just never bothered because it is the only problem it ever had and nothing was ever affected so I always just ignored it. Thinking it was just being stupid or something. As for the manufacturer, I have no clue. I could open my laptop up and see if the manufacturer is on it. Not like the thing is of any use now anyway.

Zlash03

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
My suggestion would be to either get UBCD4WIN to load into an environment outside of windows to get your stuff or just plug the drive into another computer and get the stuff off. After I would recommend running drive fitness test (free) and also Memtest (free). This will tell you what the problems might be. If these pass I would get a windows disc (usually you can download an ISO of it) and reinstall windows as a fresh install. There should be a key on the bottom of the computer for windows you can use. Alot of nasty viruses can corrupt the factory recovery partition and make it hard to restore it that way.

What could I use to link the two computers together and get my stuff off the bad one and onto the other one?

I don't see where you have said that you went to the support page at HP so it might be a good thing to try to see if you can get the instructions of how to use the hidden partition instead of struggeling with not knowing how to go about doing it. I downloaded a whole page of instructions that told me step by step what to do and it took no time at all.

Zlash03

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012

I actually did try it multiple times without actually knowing it. It didnt work either. It just sits on the Windows Splash Screen.

Zlash03

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Sounds like either a bad hard drive or bad RAM, likely hard drive

Oh. I know someone who is actually a computer tech and he was able to get all the stuff off of someone elses hard drive after it got hit by lightning. Maybe ill just briing it to him and hope he can get anything off of it.