I have a new built:

Ryzen 5 2600 (with stock cooler)
MSI GTX 1660 Gaming X
MSI B450M Gaming Plus
Corsair 2x8 GB DDR4 3000MHZ RAM
Phanteks P350X Case
Corsair CX650 PSU
3xPhanteks Case Fan

I had my had gaming experience with my new built, I played CS:GO and something weird happened. My GPU temp was around 60 degrees celcius, its fans spinning around 1000 RPM and usage was 30% but CPU was not cool. First, it was around 75 degrees celcius. It bothered me but I kept playin. After like 5 minutes, it has gone crazy. I saw even 100 degree for a second. But the ridicilous part is it was never stable, it was going to 98 from 80 or 85 to 100 in a second and CPU usage was around 90%. I don't think that this rates were right. How could that happened? I closed the game like 20 minutes ago and CPU temp is still 65 degrees but it says 55 for a second and goes back again. Before this gaming experience, when it was not under load usually it says 40-45 degree. My GPU usage is still 20-25%, again, before that experience it says 0-5% when I am not using it like now.

PS: Sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker and this is my best :(

CPU temperature fluctuations are completely normal. All systems do that, and it will be even more prominent if the CPU cooler is not correctly mounted or the fan is not running. Sounds like you have not properly installed the CPU cooler.

Double check the mountings to make sure it is completely seated. It is not uncommon for them to pop free on one side or corner, depending on the type of stock cooler, or simply not be correctly installed. It would probably be a good idea to take it off and reinstall it to make sure it is installed correctly.

Also, if you are not using Ryzen master to monitor CPU temps, then the readings you are seeing are quite possibly not accurate at all.

cem.tgg

Commendable
Oct 29, 2018
CPU temperature fluctuations are completely normal. All systems do that, and it will be even more prominent if the CPU cooler is not correctly mounted or the fan is not running. Sounds like you have not properly installed the CPU cooler.

Double check the mountings to make sure it is completely seated. It is not uncommon for them to pop free on one side or corner, depending on the type of stock cooler, or simply not be correctly installed. It would probably be a good idea to take it off and reinstall it to make sure it is installed correctly.

Also, if you are not using Ryzen master to monitor CPU temps, then the readings you are seeing are quite possibly not accurate at all.

Thank you very much for your answer. I will try to reinstall my cooler but I have a question. Do I need to change thermal paste when I unmount my cooler? Because I don't have thermal paste and if I need to change it when I re install my cooler I have to wait to do it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Kinda hard to mess up install of the stock cooler. It's pre-applied paste, and 4 screws, just tighten down in an X pattern until good and snug.

My guess is that you were not using Ryzen master while monitoring temps, and currently it's the only accurate measure. Latest HWInfo is somewhat accurate, but is still not perfect although it's being worked on. Everything else is suspect.

Removing the cooler would be a last resort, first I'd check the screws, they should be snug or fully seated and no longer turn. Then I'd install Ryzen Master and try the game, using it to monitor temps. If there's still an issue, only then would I consider a full reseat of the cooler.

cem.tgg

Commendable
Oct 29, 2018
Kinda hard to mess up install of the stock cooler. It's pre-applied paste, and 4 screws, just tighten down in an X pattern until good and snug.

My guess is that you were not using Ryzen master while monitoring temps, and currently it's the only accurate measure. Latest HWInfo is somewhat accurate, but is still not perfect although it's being worked on. Everything else is suspect.

Removing the cooler would be a last resort, first I'd check the screws, they should be snug or fully seated and no longer turn. Then I'd install Ryzen Master and try the game, using it to monitor temps. If there's still an issue, only then would I consider a full reseat of the cooler.

I tried Ryzen Master and it looks like still same. I couldn't look all the time because Ryzen Master doesn't have a in screen monitoring for games but I saw couple of times 85 and 90 degrees, mostly ~75 C.

And there is another weird thing: after play games, all of the monitoring tools goes crazy. They say CPU Voltage is 1.55V but it s 1.15V actually and CPU temp isn't going under 55 C according them. It goes 65-70 for a while and returns 55-56 again.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, that's a little high for a game like CSGO. But it's not rediculously high, as if there was a definite issue. Now is when I love having dual monitors, so easy to see both.

So. Check screws. X pattern.

Wondering if it's not a bios issue. Like way too high settings on vcore. Or cpu fan not reaching good cooling speeds under loads. Temps bouncing is normal for aircoolers, the data for the game isn't stuck on only 1 core all the time, it flip-flops around as windows decides, so temps bounce too.

cem.tgg

Commendable
Oct 29, 2018
Yeah, that's a little high for a game like CSGO. But it's not rediculously high, as if there was a definite issue. Now is when I love having dual monitors, so easy to see both.

So. Check screws. X pattern.

Wondering if it's not a bios issue. Like way too high settings on vcore. Or cpu fan not reaching good cooling speeds under loads. Temps bouncing is normal for aircoolers, the data for the game isn't stuck on only 1 core all the time, it flip-flops around as windows decides, so temps bounce too.

I checked the screws, 2 of them spinned 1 or a half tour but nothing changed. Fan is spinning around 2500 RPM while I am gaming, but I don't know the maximum RPM of the stock cooler :/ I am wondering about this voltage problem too. And fyi, this X pattern thing, when I was building my PC, I mounted the cooler with X pattern but I realised at the end 1 of the screws spinned out of hole. I mean I had 3 fully mounted screw and 1 at idle. I mounted that seperatly. Could that cause the problem? Maybe thermal paste didn't split good?

TRENDING THREADS