Question Too high TMPIN2 in some games

Siki88

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2015
kmZbH26.jpg

Im having problem with https://goo.gl/images/VnDT3z TMPIN2 temperature on Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 ... Recently I bought new GPU, so I wanted to give a try to newer, more demanding games... Bought The Division, insalled it, almost maxed out settings, and even while maintaining 60fps with dx12 render, my PC case starred beeping... So i ran HW monitor to check out temps, and TMPIN2 went up to 80c before i left game. On other older games like WoW, Skyrim etc, i dont have as high temperatures. Should I increase alarm temperature threshold in bios to 90c to avoid that beeping ? Or 80c is already too high ? My tower box have 2 big fans (Evolveo k2 https://goo.gl/images/DWihsw) so Im not sure that airflow is bad. And I dont even know what is TMPIN2 (what part of motherboard) to replace thermal paste. I did replaced it 1 month ago, on 2 passive heat-sinks bellow CPU and on lower right corner, but problem still persist... If i should replace these 2 passive default heatsinks with active ones, which one should i buy ? I have no experience about cooling replacement at all.
My Spec:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
CPU: AMD FX6100 (3.3Ghz Black Edition)
Ram: 8Gb DDR3 (1333Mhz)
GPU: Radeon XFX RX580 (8gb)
HDD: Seagate ST3500414CS (500Gb)
HDD2: Western Digital WD5000AAKS-00V0A0 (500gb)
PSU: Sharkoon Silent Storm SHA560-135A (560w)

Hmm, I dont think my advice should give you an improvment in temps, but if you wish to do it, its on you.

You could disassemble the heatsink and apply paste, i can guess it has thermal pad which does not transfer heat very well(?).

Which cooler do you have?
You might not have enough airflow across the heatsink.

I wonder if that could be VRM temperature and therefore not quite so crazy high, especially absent good airflow across the heatsink. There's still TempIn1 that's pretty high and seems to track...which Tempin0 doesn't so I think it may be a false reading of a disconnected sense line.

What type heatsink/fan do you have installed? Tower coolers frequently don't provide good airflow across VRM heatsink and AIO liquid coolers absolutely don't.

I'd also suggest getting HWInfo64 to monitor temps. I like HWInfo because it has more complete reporting of sensors and gets frequent updates which helps with generally better identification of sensors. But then, this is an older architecture (AM3) so it may not get the love.

Siki88

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2015
Guys , i use default stock passive coolers , and i did replaced thermal paste on 2 heatsinks below cpu, but not on one which is on the left side of cpu. here is picture of motherboard and its 3 coolers. Sorry for late reply, I wasn't checking emails in a while. My PC tower case is Evolveo k1 which comes with 2x 12cm fans (one on front and one on side)
832385-n0.jpg

Siki88

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2015
2 big fans are probably cheap and move little air. I would replace the fans with better ones. You also should add more fans if there are any available spots in the case.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103060
Thanks for link, its not as expensive as i thought it would be... And I didnt know the brand of cooler would matter ... after all, mine are still silent and I thought they are good quality ones cause of it.