Too hot at Idle?

adreno420

Prominent
Nov 18, 2017
The cpu idles at 37-41
VGA idles at 61-65

Is these temps normal ? I think It's a litte high for idle(literary idle)?

Solution
No, you are ok. 90C is the upper limit but not damaging. Just make sure to set it up so fans are working at correct temps. Don't worry. It'll work fine.
CPU temp is totally normal, but that GPU is really high. I'd expect 30s C. Maybe 40C if you have a GPU that shuts off at lower temps, but low 60s is really very high. It makes me wonder what the temps are in games.

Download MSI Afterburner (GPU software that can be used with any GPU). Then set fan speeds and monitor temps.

^almost agree, depends on the GPU, 400 and 500 series mvidia would idle at that temp. Some modern cards switch off their fans below 60-65, so they will tend towards the low 60's. The load temps are far more interesting as idle temps will be massively affected by efforts to manage noise.

adreno420

Prominent
Nov 18, 2017
Oh sh.........

I didn't assemble the pc myself

The vga fan was off , and it has been used for like one month with out the fans even turning on!!!!!
The load temps was 80-90 C
Is vga damaged by now ?

I've turned on the fans and idle temps are 39-42C
Load temps are 75

I was away from home for months returning yesteday to find out my pc was used with vga fans' off / fu... oh sh... /

Is life span of card affected by running one frigging month with the fans off ? / this just ruined my week :(