Question Too many displays, too confused (help choosing a display)

May 14, 2019
So i just upgraded to a gtx 1660 ti and now i wanna go for a second monitor to go with my current one, which is not very great (samsung t22c350)
Tho after looking into it im completly lost, i can't find very definitive information about if a gtx 1660 ti can support 1440p, and even if i decide between 1440p and 1080p, theres so many refresh rates and different monitors...

I don't play super demanding AAA games very often, but i do from time to time. Now if my GPU can take 1440p only on less demanding stuff (atleast wallpaper engine, for example, but also mid-range graphics games) , i guess i would just play the more demanding games on my smaller monitor?(I'm gonna call it smaller since my current monitor is only 22" and i would definitely want to go for a bigger one). I think that would work?

I'm not sure about the budget yet since i don't even know if i should be preparing for a 1440p or a 1080p, but it would be somewhere 300-350USD (maybe 400 if there s a really really good deal that i should go for)

Any tips are appreciated seeing as what i read so far on display, it's pretty subjective.

The 1660ti should be decent for 1440. And the nice thing is you can always just use 1080 On a 1440 Monitor, if not getting the desired frame rates. And if you up grade to a better card in the future, you'll have no need for a monitor upgrade.

I have a Dell s2719dgf. Its a 1440/155hz monitor. 27" and should fit in your budget. I got mine for $360 at best buy, but have seen it as low as $320 On sale. MSI also makes some great monitors, I had an optix 27" 1080/144, curved. It was nice, I just wanted a 1440. It will also be within your budget. Those are the only two I've had personal experience with and would fell comfortable recommending. Prior to that I was just using my tv.

May 14, 2019
The first paragraph was exactly what i was hoping to hear :D
And that Dell monitor is looking really good, has a lot of features, and i found it for just 330USD in my local store, so i think i'm going for that one.
Thanks for the help :D

Reactions: Gmoney06ss