Too many fans, not enough slots

Bogdan_77

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
I have 6 case fans and 1 cpu fans (all pwm) and i only have one cpu fan header and 2 case fan headers on my mobo. I dont have any drive bays on my case to insert a fan controller so how can I control all these fans, they are 3 intake and 3 exhaust.

Solution
Your case doesn't have any drive bays?! Wow, that's a first.

You can get fan controllers that occupy a rear slot, such as this one.

FP33-1.jpg

Bogdan_77

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

a: i dont have any room to place a fan controller, my case doesnt have drive bays

b: is there any way to control all of them, do three way splitters exist?

They do but can cause problems. Check you main board specs on how much power they allow to output over the header.
Also there are fan hubs that can be placed inside the case. However I'm not sure if they can be configured or just output full speed.

Also there's an external fan controller by NZXT that gets connected via usb2

Bogdan_77

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

yeah i've been doing a lot of research and i stumbled upon these http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product.detail.tpl&no=181&type=Cables&type_sub=Fan%20Cable%20Adapters&model=AK-CBFA06-30 its a powered 3 way splitter. Would this work? and if it does is it okay to have 2 fans of the same kind and one different one on the same splitter?(2 140mm and 1 120mm)

I originally wanted to get the NZXT controller but i cant find it available anywhere for the time being/a reasonable price but that wouldve been ideal

Bogdan_77

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

The splitter in the link has a sata connection for the psu, do i still need to check the header in that case?

Sry link didn't open earlier today.
You can connect it directly to your PSU. You might not even need a splitter if there are enough connectors on your PSU.
The big downside is that the energy output is not regulated. So all fans connected to the PSU will run with 100% rpm all the time

Bogdan_77

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

So the fact that it plugs into both the psu and the motherboard doesnt mean anything? Will it just run full power the entire time?

Bogdan_77

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

AK-CBFA06-30_f00.jpg

it has a connection for a fan header