Question Too many fans?

Nightmare038

Commendable
Nov 24, 2019
So i wanna know if my fans are correctly placed (not if it is intake or exhaust), if i have too many or if i need to swap fans. So currently i got 2 intake fans in the front, 1 exhaust at the back and 3 exhaust at the top. I will provide pictures to give you a better view (Dont mind the dust and scratches on the glass).

My rig:
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G
RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
MOBO: Gigabyte H310 DS2
SSD: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
2x Samsung 860 EVO 256GB
PSU: Corsair VS Series VS550 PSU
Case: Sharkoon S25-W
I also have some custom sleeved cables and LED strips in there.

Those are my 2 intake fans at the front

3 exhaust at the top + 1 exhaust at the back

Back to front view

Overal view

kanewolf

Titan
With two intake and 4 exhaust you can have negative pressure unless you slow down the exhaust fans significantly compared to the intake fans. Negative pressure can cause your GPU to run hotter since there is not enough cool air for it.
Run the PC in-game and check your temps. THEN take the side panel off and repeat. Do your temps drop? If so, you have an airflow problem.

Reactions: RodroX

Nightmare038

Commendable
Nov 24, 2019
@kanewolf I took my side panel off and my CPU and GPU were 9-10 degrees celcius cooler then with the side panel on. What can i do to improve my air flow? I cant put more intakes in. Should i take 1 or 2 exhaust fans out?

@vistagamer6969 I will replace my PSU next week. I am waiting for black friday :D But has it to do with cooling or just in general? And how many watt do i need?

kanewolf

Titan
@kanewolf I took my side panel off and my CPU and GPU were 9-10 degrees celcius cooler then with the side panel on. What can i do to improve my air flow? I cant put more intakes in. Should i take 1 or 2 exhaust fans out?

@vistagamer6969 I will replace my PSU next week. I am waiting for black friday :D But has it to do with cooling or just in general? And how many watt do i need?
Adjust the fan speeds is the fist thing. Lower the exhaust speeds. Bump up the intake speeds if possible. It may be that you won't be able to get the airflow better with that specific case and fans. You may have to replace the intake fans for something with higher CFM flow or it may just be a limitation of the case.

kanewolf

Titan
You can always control fan speed. You might have to buy fan controller hardware, but you can always do it.

As for a fan recommendation, maybe this page will help -- https://www.quietpc.com/120mmfans
You really need to find the specs for the fans you have. I couldn't read make/model from the photos. I would start there. Find the CFM of the existing fans and then go higher. There are some 70 to 80 CFM fans on that page. I don't know how easily available those specific fans will be.