Too Many Options? Turtle Beach’s Ear Force Stealth 450 PC Gaming Headset, Hands On

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i tell people this all the time, get real headphones and get a real microphone.
spend 100-250$ on headphones alone, than spend 40-100$ on a microphone.

there are headphones from the 80's that are as good today as they were back then, finding build quality that lasts that long today is a bit more difficult due to planned obsolescence but so long as key structural parts of a headphone are metal its not to much of an issue if the shell cracks.

as for mics, if i could kill you over the internet for having that piece of crap headset mic right next to your mouth so its either blowing out the entire time you use it, or better yet, we hear your breathing clear as day but you never say a word, i would.

i personally have a yeti, and while i wouldn't recommend it for normal people use, there are fantastic stand alone mics for 40$

never get something that's marketed exclusively to gamers as they are almost always ripping you off.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010

vider

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
As someone who plays FPS, I can clearly say that between a simple headset (stereo that is with mic) and a (either real or digitally processed audio) surround headset there is a huge difference as to knowing where your foe is at. I had a rocatt 5.1 and (now a) Logitech G35, with both I could pinpoint the exact location of the enemy shooting at me (or at my team mates) and save myself from being killed. These are not gimmicks, they truly work.

Status
Not open for further replies.