Question Too many Partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max the Mouse

BANNED
May 14, 2021
I’ve got a USB 8TB external drive that is split into 4 drives and on Disk Manager shows as 4 disks rather than 4 partitions on 1 disk. How can I get them to be just one 8TB drive instead of the 4 x 1.90TB drives it currently shows?

Thanks in advance

Max the Mouse

BANNED
May 14, 2021

Max the Mouse

BANNED
May 14, 2021
wow, can't you make the picture of disk management bigger? i can't really make out anything.

show us screenshot showing upper and lower areas

curious what drives this shows you for the 4 - https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

open command prompt (admin)
type diskpart and press enter
type list disk and press enter
show screenshot, just curious if its GPT or MBR

if you click on the link it’ll take you to my FB page where they’re listed and can see them individually at better res 👍

Colif

Win 11 Master

i found older cases where external drives split into 2 because they formatted as MBR and it doesn't support drives/partitions bigger than 2tb. so in those cases it was 3tb drives, it would be a 1tb partition & a 2tb partition. Clearly yours is 4 x 2tb

Max the Mouse

BANNED
May 14, 2021

i found older cases where external drives split into 2 because they formatted as MBR and it doesn't support drives/partitions bigger than 2tb. so in those cases it was 3tb drives, it would be a 1tb partition & a 2tb partition. Clearly yours is 4 x 2tb
View: https://www.facebook.com/100066491858051/posts/120281090198286/

It’s disks 4,5,6,7
it’s a brand new drive

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you use another site for photos next time, facebook wants me to logon to look again and I prefer not to. You don't need to this time as I can see enough. fact they have no * under gpt shows they are mbr. only 2 disks are GPT, the 2gb drive and the 4gb one.

what is on them? they full now? only show 1mb free? I assume they are disks 4 to 7?

Max the Mouse

BANNED
May 14, 2021
can you use another site for photos next time, facebook wants me to logon to look again and I prefer not to. You don't need to this time as I can see enough. fact they have no * under gpt shows they are mbr. only 2 disks are GPT, the 2gb drive and the 4gb one.

what is on them? they full now? only show 1mb free? I assume they are disks 4 to 7?
Disk 0 is my internal hard drive. The rest are all external drives and yes 4-7 is the one I’m having problems with.

I threw them on FB just to save time than signing up for a sharing website 👍

Colif

Win 11 Master
im trying to figure out how to proceed.

i misread list disk, its showing drives as mostly full but disk management shows they are empty
I wonder what happens if you delete all the partitions on the 4 "drives"

what make/model is external drive?

Last edited:

Max the Mouse

BANNED
May 14, 2021
It’s not full at all there’s no data on them. Disks 4-7 is on 1 brand new drive that’s the in I’m trying to make as 1 drive.
ive deleted them all already, but because it doesn’t show them being on 1 drive you can’t simply join them in disk manager as you normally would as show on the screen shot. I did the screen shot to show how C drive is split into several different drives all on 1 line and as such you can delete and combine, but these are on 4 sep lines so you can’t create a drive on one snd expand it to take the other 3. The expand button is greyed out. Hence this huge headache lol

Status
Not open for further replies.