Question too many PSU cables for GPU

Oct 2, 2023
This is my first build, and my GPU (MSI Radeon RX 7600 Mech 2X Classic) has one slot for a PSU (Redragon PSU006 750 Watt) cable, and my PSU only came with cables to fit a GPU with two ports. Can I still use these cables, do i need a new psu, or am i missing something?

Last edited:
my PSU only came with cables to fit a GPU with two ports
if it is a split cable with two identical connectors then it is just an extra available in the case that you would need two.
both are not required to be used.

do you need an 8pin connector for this card and only have 2x 4pin connectors available?
Redragon PSU006
who is the actual manufacturer of the power supply?

Colif

Win 11 Master
omg, they make PSU as well?

I would get a real PSU, not one from by redragon.

It would be for the best. Something from corsair would be better.

as for who their oem might be, they a Chinese brand so its unknown.

rgb on a PSU... I wonder, like all their other products, do they have any software to download to control it. They put RGB on things and then don't give you anyway to control it.

Last edited:

rgb on a PSU... I wonder, like all their other products, do they have any software to download to control it. They put RGB on things and then don't give you anyway to control it.
Redragon makes PSUs for very long time. I had a 660W more than 10 years ago it lasted 9 years in challenging condition in 2 PCs working 24/7, Not made any more but inside was FSP which makes innards for many others-

Order 66

Respectable
Apr 13, 2023

I searched for ages before I found the software for my Redragon gaming mouse on reddit and I believe I had to use Winrar or 7zip to (can't remember which) open it since it was not a file windows could normally open. It is very strange that they don't even put their software on their website.

Warranty is two years and covers factory defects or faulty material.
i would definitely return it for refund/exchange asap.
where would you be returning this unit to?

there are a few threads here at Tom's dedicated to PSU quality/reliability.
but, if you can list what your shopping preference is(local stores, online, etc) i'm sure you'll get some good recommendations here.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Two years isn't very convincing. If they think its only good for 2 years, why would you trust it? I don't buy things just to last two years.

Most good ones offer 5 years, some are up to 12 but you wouldn't be using same PC in that time.
5 is probably long enough.

in the D.C. area and I would prefer to shop in-store
other then listing what each store may have available and waiting for a response here for which to choose;

make sure it has a 5-10 year warranty that covers the unit itself and connected hardware.
maybe do a quick online search for any specific make & model for multiple user reviews each complaining of similar issues.
make sure the shop also offers good return policies.

a PSU, or any component's, warranty length and coverage should not just be considered for the life that you will own the product.
it also proves the manufacturer's trust in the manufacturing and quality of the component.
i will only purchase a power supply with at least a 10 year warranty because that usually ensures that it is 100% reliable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colif