too much new crap

cbhm

Distinguished
May 25, 2007
so i planned on waiting until july 22 to build my computer, due to intel price cuts. a q6600 for 266 is not bad at all, but then they are releasing wolfdale and yorkfield, so i wonder should i wait for those?

i read reviews on the new p35 chipset...should i other not getting that 680i mobo?

then p35 will take ddr3...i guess i should wait and see what happens before buying some drr2 1066.

then i read some other reviews and then the words..."OCTO-CORE"

(course that may be old news to some, but to me... 8O )

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
so i planned on waiting until july 22 to build my computer, due to intel price cuts. a q6600 for 266 is not bad at all, but then they are releasing wolfdale and yorkfield, so i wonder should i wait for those?

i read reviews on the new p35 chipset...should i other not getting that 680i mobo?

then p35 will take ddr3...i guess i should wait and see what happens before buying some drr2 1066.

then i read some other reviews and then the words..."OCTO-CORE"

(course that may be old news to some, but to me... 8O )

DDR3 isn´t going to bring any performance advantages in the near future. DDR2 just started to get where it needed to go to gain an improvement over DDR1.

The 680 is a good but expensive chipset. I doubt its upgradeability though. I think the new 45nm Intel processors may require a new VRM again which in turn makes the only viable choice for a good upgrade path the newest intel chipets.

lmimmfn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
i think this crazy ram drive is annoying, i mean i dont see any difference in DDR1 and DDR2 and even changing latencies theres no noticable difference in games, maybe it works out at 0.5FPS or something like that. I guess you cant compare real world performance between DDR1 and DDR2 as the processors are different, but look at the crazy prices they expect for DDR3