Question Took out and put back cpu, no display now.

Jul 28, 2019
I was going to buy a new cpu and needed to double check that my socket was indeed AM3 like I thought. I took out my CPU, checked and put it back in. All less then 10 minutes. Now I don’t get any display.

The weird thing is, my TV does a bit of a loading thing when on HDMI 2, but none of the other ones, almost like it’s trying to receive the signal because it knows it exists, but it’s not getting there.

Instead of immediately saying “no signal” it says “retrieving data” for 5-10 seconds and then says no signal.

Tried restarting CMOS and left the battery out overnight. Nothing changed.

Weird, the chassis I have had a LED power button at the top, it’s the same chassis for the HPE-112Y Elite. After this, the LED didn’t turn on, but the motherboard light did turn on.

Any help?

Specs:

AMD Phenom II 4x 925

H-RS880-uATX (aloe) motherboard

EVGA 650 Watt PSU

GTX 1660

Edit: I decided to check my cables. Found one unplugged and plugged it back in, but still not working. Not sure what is was for since the computer most of worked fine without it last week.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019
I took out my CPU, and put it back. Took maybe 2-3 minutes. I was just seeing what the socket type was to be sure.

Now, whenever I start my pc, no display. I triple checked everything was plugging in, although something might not be because I’m not a tech person but it appears to be all correct.

The power button on the chassis to turn the computer on/off has LED, and after this they stopped working. Light on the MB is working, and all fans run fine.

The thing I’ve tried so far was resetting CMOS, didn’t work.

Specs:

AMD Phenom II 4x 925

H-RS880-uATX (aloe) motherboard

EVGA 650 Watt PSU

GTX 1660

Jul 28, 2019
Jul 28, 2019
What make and model PSU is it exactly?
(Hopefully not a B, White series or a generic 80+ unit).
Not quite sure, but it’s solid black and the wires have chain mail around them to stop from being cut. I also figure the problem, a single, tiny pin fell out of the CPU somehow (even though I was super careful with it) and it’s broken.