Question Took out my gpu, but when I put it back in, drivers were deleted, and can't them back

MagBoi

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
So I have this old pc running windows 7, and wanted to try a new gpu, so I took the old one out, and put the new one in, but nothing happened on my monitor, so I put the old one back in again. Only thing is, when I booted it up again, it was in some weird resolution, where all of the applications were 3 times bigger, and I got pop up's, telling me to install gpu drivers. So I found the old gpu box and the driver cd, put the cd in my computer, where it loaded the driver installation thing. From there I clicked install, waited and when it was done, the computer still said it needed drivers.

I really don't know what to do about this, as I can't find anyone else that has this problem online. So if anyone knows how solve this, please let me know, and thank you in advance.

RealBeast

Titan
You should download the latest drivers for the GPU that you are installing from the manufacturer web site using another computer and put them on a USB stick to install upon installation.

You should also have deleted all the drivers from GPU A prior to inserting GPU B -- they generally all need different drivers and it would save a headache.

The lower resolution is the base case when you have NO driver that is working.