Question Took SSD out of laptop then put it back in - now laptop won't start properly - how to fix?

dekw04

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
Hi everyone.

I have a laptop (an HP2570P) that's not currently working.

I took out the SSD to try to get a separate laptop to work (which I eventually did).

However, when I put the SSD back into the HP2570P the HP2570P no longer functioned normally.

Now, when I turn the HP2570P on, the screen is black, the operating system doesn't load, the Caps Lock key and the Home Button blink for some reason, and after a few seconds the internal fan starts to whir until I shut off the laptop.

I know the SSD still works because I'm able to view the files and folders on it using a USB to SATA adapter. The SSD has Windows 10 on it and it is already bootable.

I used a bootable USB with Linux Mint on it to see if it was something to do with the SSD, but the laptop didn't boot with that either.

Does anyone know why this HP2570P laptop stopped working? I put the SSD back in so I don't understand why it wouldn't work anymore.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem?

Thank you for any help you can provide with issue.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to remove the battery and then press down on the power button for 30 seconds before replacing the battery and then powering up with the battery in. The only time the LED's you've mentioned will blink is if you're having a ram issue or there is a static charge build up.