Top 5 Best Price to Performance Cpus for Lga 1150

Solution
I would go with the i5 4670 or the i5 4690. Since your board cant oc, then you don't need one with a "k". But it would still work.

I would look on the used market for these, such as ebay. You might be surprised and find a i7 4790 or i7 4770 for a similar price. The i7 will have better performance, but when purchased new they are typically 40% more and you wont see a 40% performance increase. However, in the used market you may be able to find one that is much closer in price.
What are you going to be using the system for? For single threaded applications (gaming), typically the unlocked i5 offer the best price vs performance ratio. But if you are going to want multi threaded applications (video editing, streaming), then you should look at the unlocked i7.

BajungaDustin

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014

i think he is saying.. for this socket.. what is the best cpu for the price. because you cant just go throwing a 1155 in an 1151 without getting a new mobo.. im assuming he already has the mobo.

I would go with the i5 4670 or the i5 4690. Since your board cant oc, then you don't need one with a "k". But it would still work.

I would look on the used market for these, such as ebay. You might be surprised and find a i7 4790 or i7 4770 for a similar price. The i7 will have better performance, but when purchased new they are typically 40% more and you wont see a 40% performance increase. However, in the used market you may be able to find one that is much closer in price.

Solution