Top Laptop Makers Still Don’t Seem To Care About Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavikt

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
I forsee Microsoft empowering the OEM's further by not allowing this bloatware to be uninstalled in Win10 to further the sales of "Signature Edition".
How about charging the customer the real, full price for the product instead of packing this toxic waste along with it!?
Does any major company engage in honest business today without EULA's upon EULA's upon EULA's selling your soul? Gaah!

This is why when ever i deploy Dells to my clients, I have images of CLEAN installs with NO DELL software. Just good old windows and all its updates. Honestly all their OEM stuff is crap. Half the time their updates break software/drivers.

Vatharian

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
That's just funny, considering Lenovo drops bugged executable binaries trough EFI right into your vanilla Windows installation - what's the point of having 'update center' then?

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Uh... HP has a consumer line and a commercial line. The commercial line checks all the boxes. Lenovo and the author are not getting the whole story. HP's consumer line is pretty much garbage, though.

Kimonajane

Commendable
May 24, 2016
This is why you buy Mac or take these MS infected machines and fix them by wiping the drive and installing Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.