Top left glitch flickering.

Littlescary

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if you could help me with an issue that I've recently started having (past few days or so).

jykpg2K.jpg

This glitch flickers on and off only in the top left corner of my screen, it seems to flicker and glitch out more if I hover my cursor over a bookmark for example or if I type anywhere. It's weird and sudden and I've never had it before. It seems to originate from the top left corner also.

I had to take a picture with my phone because it doesn't show up on screenshots (which is worrying).

I use startisback with windows 8.1 if that helps at all.

Littlescary

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015

The drivers are up to date with the 14.12 omega driver. Another note is if I put my cursor over to the glitch, it will disappear and reappear when I move my cursor away, the same happens if I drop the task bar on top of it. If I minimise my browser whilst the glitch is flickering, it will also disappear.

I have just reseated my ram and GPU and gave it a quick dusting, it is still happening and it seems to be a lot more frequent than I've seen it over the last few days, today.

Ok, try just reinstalling the drivers anyway because sometimes they can somehow get corrupted. I had an old PC that had similar symptoms, it died on me and it turned out that it was because the GPU had got permanently damaged somehow. After getting the card checked it was due to overheating so make sure that your card is cool as that may be the problem.

Littlescary

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
I'm just replying quickly whilst I have no drivers installed (I used the amd cleanup utility, restarted and now I'm reinstalling the driver). The glitch hasn't appeared whilst the GPU is blank.

Interesting.