Top of TV dark

Aug 8, 2018
Hey guys, the top half of my TV screen has developed a gray area across the top. Everything was fine last night, and to my knowledge there was no trauma to the TV while we slept!

When we watch regular TV, or get on something like Youtube via a cable app (xfinity), this issue is there.

But when I got on Amazon via the TV's own app, there was no problem and the screen is clear again. So I think (HOPE) this is a cable problem and not a TV one.

But does anyone have any thoughts or ideas to fix? I'm not very technologically inclined. I don't even know how I can verify for sure what the problem is.

Solution
could be the cable/streamer box

do you have a Roku or any streamer you can test with? stream youtube and netflix and such on the Roku or streamer to test. it sounds like the cable box to me. Unplug the cable box and TV and see if powering back up helps.
could be the cable/streamer box

do you have a Roku or any streamer you can test with? stream youtube and netflix and such on the Roku or streamer to test. it sounds like the cable box to me. Unplug the cable box and TV and see if powering back up helps.

Solution