Ferminator

Commendable
May 12, 2020
Hello.
I have recently build a gaming PC and have trouble configuring which case fans to use with my particular case. I have a Deepcool Macube 110 (M-ATX case) and the case itself supports up to 2x 140mm fans on the front, 2x 140mm fans on top, and 1x 120mm on the rear.

As of right now I have 4 of Arctic's P14 (140mm fan) and a 120mm fan (Scythe Wonder Snail).

1. Which case fan configuration would you reccomend? Is it okay to have more fan as exhaust?
  2. If i'm planning on getting a tower style cooler (Arctic Freezer 34 Esports Duo) will it be a problem leaving the rear with no fan?
I've heard that it is better to have a positive air pressure inside a PC case. Thanks!

Ferminator

Commendable
May 12, 2020
Hi. Thanks for the quick response.

So is it okay if I put 2x 140mm on the front for intake plus 2x 140mm and a 120mm as an exhaust creating negative pressure?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Rear 140mm, top 2x 140mm.
Yes.

2)Not really. A top exhaust fan 'in front of' the Freezer 34's fans is more harmful.

I've heard that it is better to have a positive air pressure inside a PC case.
Your case's design doesn't favor the former anyway, so in trying to force more intake over exhaust, you'll succeed in hurting cooling.
Work with the case's design, not against it. The majority of cases with front panels like that are negative. Positive pressure focused models have their top panels looking like that instead, and the front is much more open.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferminator
With a case like this, the problem is the front doesn't seem to allow for a lot of airflow. So at best you can do is have 2x top and 1x rear acting as exhaust fans. At the very least, the video card can still suck in air from the ventilated rear slot covers and whatever it can from the front, while the negative pressure from the exhaust fans will cause the video card's exhaust to better rise upwards.

Reactions: Ferminator

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
120mm in rear, 140mm at top rear, 2x 140mm at front.

Or

120mm in rear, 2x 140mm on top.

The situation is variable depending on the gpu/cpu needs. Could run the case either way, I'd suggest trying both ways using different test software and/or games to see which actually gets the better temps overall according to real usage.