top window closes when screen saver stopped

Hi everyone,

I am running XP SP2. I have my screen saver setting set to use Starfield
after 2 minutes, and unchecked the box to return to Welcome screen after
resuming.

Often times when my screen saver is active and I move my mouse to begin
working again, whatever window is on top closes. It happens with my email,
Word, IE, anything.

Running NAV, adware blocker, do frequent scans.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Jen

I've been having this problem for something like two years. I'd previously
posted to this group but had no luck. I've since come across someone else
having the same problem. It seems to be the Intellimouse IntelliPoint 5.2
driver software, version 5.20.413.0. transpot&gmail.com has posted a message
about it on OSNN.net. Do you have a MS Wireless Intellimouse as well? I
think the problem started before I had this mouse as I'd been using the
driver with my previous Microsoft mouse as well.

MinersC

"jbarlow" <jbarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am running XP SP2. I have my screen saver setting set to use Starfield
> after 2 minutes, and unchecked the box to return to Welcome screen after
> resuming.
>
> Often times when my screen saver is active and I move my mouse to begin
> working again, whatever window is on top closes. It happens with my email,
> Word, IE, anything.
>
> Running NAV, adware blocker, do frequent scans.
>
> Any thoughts?
> Thanks,
> Jen

Corey, You are right on! Thank you SO much! I will research your suggestion
now. Jen