Torchlight 2 Unleashed: Is It ''More'' Than Diablo 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
IMHO, "FIALbo" III should really just rot away and die.
Especially now, when the GODLIKE Torchlight II has stepped onto the scene.
"FIALbo" III...It sucks major balls. Biggest FAIL of Blizzard since "Frozen Throne" (personal IMHO).

ozvip3r

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
THE VERY FIRST LINE, this is getting worse each article you guys put out! "Does Torchlight II have WAIT it takes to defeat Blizzard's Diablo 3 in sales and longevity?" It can't even be considered typos anymore, wait is NO WHERE near what. Seriously I don't understand.

G

Don't forget that in EU Diablo III costs 60€ which is much more than 60$.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

[strike]Yeah, at first I got taken aback by that too, but then I considered: maybe he meant "does the Torchlight II justifies the WAIT, to defeat Blizzard's Diablo III in sales?"[/strike]....aw, forget it... :\

Don't forget that in EU Diablo III costs 60€ which is much more than 60$.
Mmmm...колбаскаааа... <3

9d1e116ac2a4415ac7f595a8ef1f86c9.png

Aside from that: 60€ = 78$.
That's three Torchlight II copies, and Torchlight II are way better than "FIALbo" III, so you can either buy one shitty game, or three copies of a really good game (or Guild Wars 2, lol).

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Im playing it on a 4500mhd, getting 25-32 fps, in boss fights i get 19-24 fps , good enough for me to play.
The game got lots of tweaks to make it work with any graphic card, and the eye candy u get when u max the game its awesome. Love the Game.

It's even better than that. Steam sells a Torchlight II 4-pack for $60. So for the same price, you can LAN with 3 friends.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]computernerdforlife[/nom]Borderlands 2. Everyone here is owned.[/citation]

Really? That's odd. Could of sworn I got both of these great games from amazing developers.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
IGN Gave Diablo 3 = 95, Torchlight 2 = 91 <--seriously? These guys must be getting paid by Blizzard. IGN review suck big time anyway, they usually give low score for Indies and high score for big titles regardless of gameplay.
Top ten Hammer = Diablo 3 = 95, Torchlight 2 = 91
Gamespy = Diablo 3 4/5, Torchlight 2 = 5/5
MetaCritic = Diablo 3 = 88, Torchlight 2 = 90

So far the only socialization I can see within Torchlight II is when you connect to a multiplayer game. There you can chat with other players, but it doesn't appear to be possible when playing the single-player game. There also doesn't seem to be any kind of way to see if your friends are online when signing into the game – Steam players can tell through the external chat client.
Most Torchlight 2 are being sold from Steam anyway, so this shouldnt be a problem. With the latest steam community function, it is more "social" than u can imagine.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Hopefully Runic Games comes out with a native Linux version. The Linux version of Torchlight was released in Humble Indie Bundle 6 but it was a third-party port. A few initial bugs but still fun (although the Alchemist is nearly useless until level 10 or so when the Lightning spell is available).

G

I totally don't see where this reviewer/player thinks D3 is more social. I have more than 300 hours in play time in D3 and you have no social interaction at all in a common lobby, no way to show off your banner(something they pushed per-beta), and no way to show off your gear. In TL2, it's like D2, you can create your own game called Trade or Showoff Gear....you can CREATE YOUR OWN game....it's a social monster...in D3, you get forced into what Blizzard decides to put you into...and since the game is so linear, you have no real boss farming worth doing in a mp game. For me, I want to play TL2 for 'One more hour'. in D3, it was more about surfing the AH to find affordable gear...dumb.

BigBodZod

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
[citation][nom]BigMack70[/nom]Gonna play through Borderlands 2 first... pretty much the same concept except I get to shoot stuff instead of click my mouse a hundred thousand times. I prefer shooting.After I make it through BL2, Torchlight 2 is next on the list.[/citation]

Why ?!?

I play a couple of hours of BL2 and then a couple of hours of TL2, I'm having a hard time deciding which game I like the best as they are both tops in my book.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Many hours in, TL2 and BL2 are pretty mediocre for me so far. TL2 doesn't feel as smooth, it's just overall clunkier than D3. BL2's gunplay is still very watered down, and there is the same annoying amount of downtime so drop in co-op usually involves waiting for someone to explore the map and get his quests.

I feel it's just the backlash from D3 making these games more highly regarded than they should be.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
With D3, you pay $60 for the exclusive unlimited beta testing. They even got the new Public Test Realms, for even exclusive stuff, imagine, two beta tests! I heard you will get to test PvP in the coming monthS, awesome! Once the beta is done in about 2 or 3 years, you get the game for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.