[SOLVED] Torn between the Exolv X and the PC-O11 Dynamic...

essex23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
So I have been planning the upgrade of my current rig from the Phanteks P400S to either the Exolv X or O11 Dynamic in preparation for my custom water loop...but I honestly can't seem to make my mind up.

I have always loved the Evolv X and have plans to do a custom inverted hex-cutout pattern like Gosumodz used to do on the front and top to increase airflow (and for badassery looks), and do either paint or powder coat the case itself white to match the desk I am currently building that is white with a natural wood desktop and stainless steel accents.

But the O11 Dynamic is incredible in its own right and has the advantages of already being white, but also has the power button on the front which will prevent one of my cants from jumping on top and accidentally hitting the power button when I am on my PC and turning it off at the worst possible time (as he did last night during a raid!).

So yeah...I've wanted the Evolv X since I first saw it, and love the loop design I have mapped out for it...but the O11 Dynamic makes adding a custom loop easy with the EK Waterboard for that case.

What would my fellow builders say to this conundrum?

Solution
A case is like 90% personal preference. If you've had your eye on the EvolvX for a long time, I'd probably run with it.

The O11 Dynamic is a very solid case, but it's not like it suddenly makes the EvolvX "bad".

Personally, for a full custom loop, I'd probably opt for the O11 myself..... but you can't really go wrong either way.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
A case is like 90% personal preference. If you've had your eye on the EvolvX for a long time, I'd probably run with it.

The O11 Dynamic is a very solid case, but it's not like it suddenly makes the EvolvX "bad".

Personally, for a full custom loop, I'd probably opt for the O11 myself..... but you can't really go wrong either way.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution

essex23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
Ok...then it comes down to going with the O11D or the O11D XL...which isn't that much taller, but would accommodate my SLI rig with 2 radiators much easier than the regular one (even though the regular O11 will still hold it.)

Soooo....probably going with the XL then. At least with that one, I can go to Microcenter to actually get it as opposed to being forced to have a Phanteks shipped to me since not one single physical store carries them.

bignastyid

Titan
Ok...then it comes down to going with the O11D or the O11D XL...which isn't that much taller, but would accommodate my SLI rig with 2 radiators much easier than the regular one (even though the regular O11 will still hold it.)

Soooo....probably going with the XL then. At least with that one, I can go to Microcenter to actually get it as opposed to being forced to have a Phanteks shipped to me since not one single physical store carries them.
Since you are near a Microcenter you can also get their Powerspec version of the case that comes with the distribution block and other parts pre installed.
https://www.microcenter.com/product...er-computer-case-with-ek-fluid-gaming-cooling

Reactions: Barty1884

essex23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
Since you are near a Microcenter you can also get their Powerspec version of the case that comes with the distribution block and other parts pre installed.
https://www.microcenter.com/product...er-computer-case-with-ek-fluid-gaming-cooling

Actually, I wouldn't need to get the Powerspec version since I have slowly been buying the watercooling parts I want for a little while now in anticipation of it. And from what I see of the ratings on the Powerspec...it would be a bad purchase choice anyway.

Monstieur

Reputable
Nov 7, 2016
I have an unopened Evolv X and plan to return it for the O11 Dynamic XL. The dual chamber design with the PSU at the back makes building and cable management much easier. You can access the PSU ports directly. The lack of a flat PSU shroud below the motherboard makes access to the headers easier. You can also upgrade to an XL-ATX board like the TRX40 Aorus Xtreme later. 8 PCIe slots let you add a 2-slot card like an NVMe x16 array.