Torn. Please help me choose a gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayecho

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Help me choose.
Torn between these three brands and models. My budget is 1500$. I will be using the laptop for work, poker, movies, internet, and casual gaming. Games I will be playing are: GTA5, Witcher3, Elder Scrolls.
I realize that I am not going to get a powerhouse but for my needs I just need a mid range laptop. Need 17'inch screen.
I was looking at the ASUS 702 but heard about heat issues. Not sure if that would affect me, since I am not gaming all day.
Looking at:
Alienware 17_gtx1060
Accer Predetor 17_gtx1060
Asus GL702VM 17_gtx1060
All hardware in them is the same and I am looking at 100 or 200 dollars in difference. Alienware will cost me just over 1500 and the Accer and Asus will be 1500.
Which of the three would you recommend. Just unsure of the brands and longevity of the product.

Sorry do not want an MSI or other brand.

Solution
hey, go with Asus. The Acer is also a good brand but the customer care services and performance of Asus are much better than Acer. Next thing is I am using Asus laptop and it is perfect not only for gaming but also other stuff like my projects and running programming language and stuff.
The verdict:- Go with Asus.

shwetanshu

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Personally, I feel alien-ware is overpriced. And I personally have heard horror stories about Acer (But that was 4-5 Years ago, I am not sure about current status) However, I have always heard good things about Asus, MSI, Sager and Gigabyte. But since you don't want other brands I am suggesting you only based on Asus.

The model you mentioned is a generation old. I recommend looking at this one (Since it has Kaby Lake Processor and a sweet sweet 120Hz Screen)
ASUS GL703VM-WB71 (http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-gl703vm-wb71.html?startcustomization=1)

Also, I suggest waiting for Black Friday. You can possibly get it for 100-150 $ less (Depends) or some freebie of equivalent value. I will also vouch for Xoticpc if you are thinking about them. They offer great service and if you look at my history you would fine more often than not I refer them and people are satisfied with them. (Although I am active only once in a blue moon. Come to think of it they should really be paying me)

jayecho

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Thanks for the reply and the link. I am looking at Xotic PC for this build. Some of the reviews of the older models scare me. I am considering getting the Diamond repaste if I get this laptop.

Parth_13

Prominent
May 19, 2017
hey, go with Asus. The Acer is also a good brand but the customer care services and performance of Asus are much better than Acer. Next thing is I am using Asus laptop and it is perfect not only for gaming but also other stuff like my projects and running programming language and stuff.
The verdict:- Go with Asus.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.