[SOLVED] Torrent download doesnt find peers. Network problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenene10

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
None of the computers of my LAN can download any torrent file (they don't find peers). I shared my mobile internet to see if it is a network problem, and with mobile internet shared, my computers (using wifi) found and started to download.
This happened today and I dont know that the problem could be.

Solution
Thank you for the answers.
By the time I found the problem, it was a setting in my Sagemcom modem, in the firewall settings ipv4 protection was set to "medium". I set it to "low" and now it solved the problem. (maybe when somebody resetted the modem in my house and then it was set to medium automatically)
Of course everyone using torrent tries to claim they are just downloading unix distributions or something else that is legal. But there is such a small amount of legal torrent it would not run 24x7 at maximum rates to download it all.

Torrent is actually hard to block but they may have blocked the main files listing sites.

If you are even thinking about downloading even slightly questionable files do not do it. At least do not do it from your house, get a vpn that allows torrent. You may get away with it for a while but most ISP tend to help the RIAA out and you will get a legal demand letter in the mail that says send money or else we take you to court.

lenene10

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
Thank you for the answers.
By the time I found the problem, it was a setting in my Sagemcom modem, in the firewall settings ipv4 protection was set to "medium". I set it to "low" and now it solved the problem. (maybe when somebody resetted the modem in my house and then it was set to medium automatically)

Reactions: E V I L
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.