[SOLVED] Toshiba a100 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfielander

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
I have an old Toshiba a100 laptop, I formated the hard drive and installed Windows 10 Pro 32bit on the laptop, but many device drivers are missing and even though I can see what drivers I need to update I can't seem to get any drivers to work, for example, the SD card reader do not work, neither does the 1394 firewire port. That is just 2 of many. When I open the device manager, I can see what I need to update but it just doesn't seem to be any way to do it.
Any advice would be appreciated.
It is an old computer I know and I only want to use the 1394 firewire port to connect my old 8mm video camera to the computer to transfer 8mm videotapes to a hard drive.
I have used a program called Driver tool kit to try and search and download the device drivers, the program found all the outdated divers but would not download them.
When I try and update the outdated drivers directly without using any program it keeps saying it is the lastest drivers that are installed.
I'm wondering if the problem is something to do with Windows 10 updates because there seems to be an endless number of updates continually coming from Windows update feature.

Solution
ex_bubblehead are you saying i cannot get this computer up and running as i want? Or do i install windows 7 drivers?....
You are extremely unlikely to get all of the hardware working as there are NO Windows 10 drivers. Windows 7 drivers will not work here. If you want a fully operational laptop you need to install a fully supported OS. In this case Windows 7.
ex_bubblehead are you saying i cannot get this computer up and running as i want? Or do i install windows 7 drivers?....
You are extremely unlikely to get all of the hardware working as there are NO Windows 10 drivers. Windows 7 drivers will not work here. If you want a fully operational laptop you need to install a fully supported OS. In this case Windows 7.

Solution

newfielander

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
Wow thanks Alabalcho, you know of any contact info you can provide to this " some engineer supporting industrial automation" you spoke about?
By the wy i have Windows 7 professional installed and things are looking great!!

Just be sure you get a supported antivirus program after MS drops support for Win 7. I haven't checked, but in the past I've been able to use the free version of AVG. You should do a little research to be sure you get something that works and is supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.