Toshiba C55T-B5349 CPU upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2019
Hi everyone, new to the forum here. Have been searching around looking to upgrade my i3 processor to at least an i5 on my Toshiba laptop. Have seen plenty of mixed answers/opinions but also relating to different series of Toshibas. Original factory processor is the Intel Core i3 (4th Gen) 4005U / 1.7 GHz dual core processor. Currently, I have upgraded the the RAM from the two 4GB to two 8GB and am now running Windows 10. If anyone could shed some insight on which i5 processor would work on this model Toshiba, or would be more suitable, if its possible or not possible would be great! Any help, suggestions, opinions, thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Rodango

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012
Been awhile since I booted my old Tosh laptop, C55t-A5103. It has an I3-4000M processor, I'll be looking now to see, but did read somewhere that it is a socketed cpu. And they suggested that its socket might allow an I5, even I7, but it was almost just a suggestion. This laptop has going for it a touch screen, 3 (probably 1.1) USB ports, VGA & I think an HDMI port. I'm really wondering if it is a socketed chip, would the board support a higher level cpu, even maybe a newer generation of I3 or better, I5? Currently my only Windows computer @ 10. And it looks like I have to use Windows to support some software for a certain hardware app. Not even sure it would work in a VM, and W10 runs like a bad day at Guantanamo on the older hardware....

Could this older laptop sustain a hardware upgrade?

USAFRet

Titan
Been awhile since I booted my old Tosh laptop, C55t-A5103. It has an I3-4000M processor, I'll be looking now to see, but did read somewhere that it is a socketed cpu. And they suggested that its socket might allow an I5, even I7, but it was almost just a suggestion. This laptop has going for it a touch screen, 3 (probably 1.1) USB ports, VGA & I think an HDMI port. I'm really wondering if it is a socketed chip, would the board support a higher level cpu, even maybe a newer generation of I3 or better, I5? Currently my only Windows computer @ 10. And it looks like I have to use Windows to support some software for a certain hardware app. Not even sure it would work in a VM, and W10 runs like a bad day at Guantanamo on the older hardware....

Could this older laptop sustain a hardware upgrade?
Please start your own thread for this particular laptop.

Bottom line though....

It is an 8 year old platform that was low end when it was new.
CHanging the SPU within the same old generation would yield minimal benefit, and you CAN'T put in a newer generation CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS