Toshiba Claiming "World's Thinnest" With Tablet, Ultrabook

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
most interested to see what tthey can so do with that sub $200 device. I'm still hoping for a 7 inch tablet that works as a phone. sure short people can't do a phne that big, but once you get past the 6' mark you can probbaly manage carrying a 7 inch tablet withot it looking to odd... and i doubt tablets will go away, they will keep getting better and better. sure its not as powerful as a pc, but they have thier uses as e readers, thigns to check your email/ check the news on from places other than a desk, and not on a tiny phone screen. you are on tom's bastion for technophiles, empbrace it :)

mikenygmail

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Malicemizer[/nom]When they start making beaming interactive holographic wrist watches that can do anything give me a call.[/citation]

do anything, eh? sounds like the holodeck to me!

sigma3d

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Tablets will pretty sure pioneering the mobile web as the smartphones did about 4 yrs ago. Still we re at the early ages of this mobile trend nevertheless im pretty sure that what we call web is essential as tv or car would we say it for the mobility of the social media. New players and "smart" devices will be join this trend. Its inevitable! Keep it or die trend is upon us on social technology is just begun... I think after the next gen gaming devices aka PS4/XBOX720/WII2 we're more likely move towards to on2go gaming devices that you can play volleyball on the beach as you play in your room.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
i dont get it. Apple releases a phone/tablet at xyz price point, and other manufacs rush to release their high-end phones for nearly the same price. Now the kindle fire sells for $200 so everyone wants to have the same price.

Point is, wtf were you doing when Apple was robbing us? i mean, how difficult is it to think that people would like a cheaper tablet? it's almost as if they're waiting for someone else to do something new and then copy it. Sad, really.

lahawzel

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
What happened to the good ol' days when you could drop your electronics and not see a pile of mangled silicon on the floor? I'd prefer durability to a superthin form factor, all other things being equal.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]lahawzel[/nom]What happened to the good ol' days when you could drop your electronics and not see a pile of mangled silicon on the floor? I'd prefer durability to a superthin form factor, all other things being equal.[/citation]

It's like with cars. You want it robust, get an F-150... you want it stylish and fast get a Ferrari.
Ding the Ferrari and you get a lot of expensive little carbon fiber parts in return.

thisismelsemail1217

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
mikenygmail yes they are expensive but these ultrabooks are competing with the macbook air. compare those prices and suddenly the ultrabooks seem not so expensive

loubarouba

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]most interested to see what tthey can so do with that sub $200 device. I'm still hoping for a 7 inch tablet that works as a phone. sure short people can't do a phne that big, but once you get past the 6' mark you can probbaly manage carrying a 7 inch tablet withot it looking to odd... [/citation]

lol yeah having something 7 inches and touch sensitive in your pants is totally manageable

Status
Not open for further replies.