TOSHIBA External Hard disk USB 3.0 not showing in some computers

anilchauhans

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Hello,

My toshiba Hard Disk 1TB is not showing in some computers after Formatting. While attaching it to computer/Laptop It can be seen in disk management/Safety remove hardware but can not see in My Computers. Please Help

It is a toshiba HD and Iomega developer.

There were some I omega software's but got removed after formatting.

Further it can be seen in some computers but not in most.

Thanks & Regards

anilchauhans@gmail.com

aryanbamne

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013

hey i too had the same problem..some of the pcs n laptop could see the harddisk in my computer but somehow my pc coudnt.
so here is the solution(the solution is for windows 7..i hop u have 7..)
go to control panel-hardware and sounds-devices and printer
now here check if your drive is showing.i probably guess it must b showing because you can see the disk in disk management.
so now right click and go to properties. go to hardware.in hardware go to sub-tab properties in lower right end.now go to driver tab and click on uninstall button. (the last one) ok now your external harddisk will be shown as unspecified. ok now remove your hard disk n again connect it and it will automatically install your drivers like when you connect it for the very 1st time..and now you are done.your hard disk will be shown in my computer and you can open it.(atlist mine was shown)

try this and let me know if it worked for you :)

IllidanS4

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
I had the same issue, and thankfully, simply reading the enclosed manual helped. You have to assign the drive a letter, if reinstalling the driver doesn't help.

medzsik

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017

Funny thing is that I had the same issue. For me a strange thing helped:

If I connected the usb plug properly, the blue light came up immediately on the storage device.
I tried to connect the usb plug in an angle first the part with the longer bit, cautiously, and in one particular angle only the white light flashed up. Tried a few times and held the plug in this funny position until the device was mounted, plugged it correctly and all OK.
(obviously every time this is a bit annoying but it's only 2017...)

hope it works for you as well
cheers
andy

myfatcash

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017

@aryanbamne: Your solution worked. I was almost on the verge of tearing my hair out. Thank you man.