Question TOSHIBA Flash Drive not working after format

Jul 1, 2019
I have a 16Gb TOSHIBA flash drive, I usually plugged it on my TV to watch saved videos and stuff, then one day I plugged it out when the light was still blinking and plugged it in my pc, the light blinks continuously and I can't access the files in it. So I decided to format it, although the format stuck and can't be completed so I plugged it out,
after I plugged it in again, the pc recognize the drive in the device manager for a couple of seconds then the device disconnected and connected automatically then it shows up as device recognition failed in the device manager....
Is this flash drive saveable or not?

Jul 1, 2019
You can try a full format instead of a quick but use Dispart Clean command before formatting it.
Well the thing is, the flash drive is not recognized as storage device, it malfunctioned, so it doesn't show up as removable drive or anything, even disk management didn't recognize it as storage device. Tried uninstalling the driver and reinstall but it still can't be used....

Also the usual blinking light on the flash drive when being accessed isn't blinking anymore....

Don't waste time trying to revive it, just bin it and buy a new one. Despite having been with us for several decades they are still the most unreliable form of data storage (just as floppy disks were before that). New ones not expensive so it makes no sense at all to try and revive it, and who wants to save data on a malfuctioning pen drive anyway?

Jul 1, 2019
If the light doesn't blink when you insert the drive then it sounds like it's dead but I thought you said it blinked alot.

See if Diskpart can see the drive. If it can use the Clean command on it and then try formatting it.
https://www.seagate.com/support/kb/...-a-drive-through-the-command-prompt-005929en/
Well, the diskpart commands doesn't recognize the drive so I can't exactly erase it using the commands...
It used to blink a lot then after I format it, the drive doesn't blink anymore

Don't waste time trying to revive it, just bin it and buy a new one. Despite having been with us for several decades they are still the most unreliable form of data storage (just as floppy disks were before that). New ones not expensive so it makes no sense at all to try and revive it, and who wants to save data on a malfuctioning pen drive anyway?
Well, you're right. But I'd like to get some of the files inside even though it's not that important...
Maybe I'll get a new one later and try to be more careful with it...