Toshiba, Gateway Show Off Pine Trail Netbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gateways used to arrive in boxes with the cow spots, hence their logo.

JustinHD81

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
I'd like to see the mobile core i3 in a netbook (10inch to 12inch) form factor, would be perfect size/performance ratio.

JustinHD81

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Would definitely like to see a Core i3 in a sub 13inch form factor, good processor in a nice compact design, rather than constantly going with the underperforming Atom. Shadow, most people want something small and portable, the word "Lightweight" comes to mind, and anything over 13inch is not lightweight for most people.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]fflam[/nom]they use the cow logo because the company started on a farm in Iowa i believe.[/citation]
Dell started and is currently based in Texas. We don't have many dairy or beef farms in Iowa... Corn, Soybeans, pig, that's about it.

universalremonster

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Meh. Imo, netbooks are over rated. For a $50-120 more you can have a full laptop with out crammed keyboard,etc and much better performance.[/citation]

Meh. Imo, there is always that one person in every netbook related article...you know...the one that really dislikes them but for some reason just can't keep themselves from clicking the link, read the whole story, and then feel compelled to comment on it? These people are funny.

fflam

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Dell started and is currently based in Texas. We don't have many dairy or beef farms in Iowa... Corn, Soybeans, pig, that's about it.

dell is a different company altogether. gateway "borrowed" dells business model yes, but that is it. and as far if it was specifically a dairy farm or not? i have no clue, never spent more time in Iowa then it takes to drive though it.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Nothing wrong with Iowa, that's where Captain Kirk comes from...
KHAN!!!!
But seriously, it doesn't matter how the cow logo started, the fact is when a thousand other PC makers are sat on the shelves with boring boxes then you see the cow-print you notice them. Even if you don't immediately know what they are about you will remember it and that is the foundation of strong brand recognition.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Timesgodjillion[/nom]Gateways used to arrive in boxes with the cow spots, hence their logo.[/citation]

I loved those days. I had a gateway desktop waaaay back when.

[citation][nom]gilbertfh[/nom]Anyone else tired of the netbook hype???[/citation]

Try writing about them day in and day out.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]universalremonster[/nom]Meh. Imo, there is always that one person in every netbook related article...you know...the one that really dislikes them but for some reason just can't keep themselves from clicking the link, read the whole story, and then feel compelled to comment on it? These people are funny.[/citation]
Even funnier are those that think that certain people should not express their opinions, especially if they are not in "sync" with the opinion of the article or of the majority. "Dissidence should not be allowed" kind of people.
They are really funny...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Netbooks are useful. The form factor is very convenient. The only issue is they are relatively underpowered when compared against other more powerful laptops. Remove the reliance on optical drives from computer equipment and the netbook was an inevitability, when the CPU speed increases doubters will see their importance.

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Back by demand I think you hit the nail on the head. Netbooks are convenient (as long as your requirements are low). Battery life and portability are the keys to a good netbook.

Shadow has some good points about the price of low end laptops vs netbooks but in the end you make some trade offs in convenience/battery life. So it really depends on your needs and the money you are willing to spend to satisfy those needs.

kri77777

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Ooooo, yay, a Gateway product I know they are now part of Acer, but I already have a Gateway tablet with a busted hinge and a year left on the warranty that is now a meaningless piece of paper since they went down the tubes.

[citation][nom]universalremonster[/nom]Meh. Imo, there is always that one person in every netbook related article...you know...the one that really dislikes them but for some reason just can't keep themselves from clicking the link, read the whole story, and then feel compelled to comment on it? These people are funny.[/citation]
The point is that the "netbooks" have good enough HDD, Display (for the size),etc however, it is still lacking in CPU power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS