[SOLVED] Toshiba Hard Drive having problem

Nov 26, 2018
Hi

I have a lenovo G580. It has a 320 gb toshiba hard drive. Sometimes I turn on laptop and it get stuck on lenovo. Also I could not get into bios or recovery mode. But after repeated attempt windows boot up. Also I tried removing hdd and then I can go to bios. Also the laptop feels sluggish. From waking up from sleep to normal chrome browsing. The task manager mostly show 100% active time even without any load. I take screenshot of crystal disk. Please look and tell me is my hdd dying.

6hWglb8.jpg

GbjdBrX.jpg

vKyh2jP.jpg

Solution
Most hard drives aren't silent, so unless you have put your ear to a hard drive before and this one sounds different, that isn't much to go on. Mechanical hard drives aren't fast - especially in laptops. They spin slower and can die faster (since they run hotter). Also, if you only have the laptop powered on when you are using it, and add and remove a lot of programs, fragmentation can really slow things down.

In your case, I would back up important data and invest in an SSD. Reallocated sectors are a bad sign in hard drives - it means that a bad portion of the drive was found, and marked as bad, so the hard drive won't use that portion again. Generally for this number, once it starts on a hard drive, will rise exponentially until the...
Most hard drives aren't silent, so unless you have put your ear to a hard drive before and this one sounds different, that isn't much to go on. Mechanical hard drives aren't fast - especially in laptops. They spin slower and can die faster (since they run hotter). Also, if you only have the laptop powered on when you are using it, and add and remove a lot of programs, fragmentation can really slow things down.

In your case, I would back up important data and invest in an SSD. Reallocated sectors are a bad sign in hard drives - it means that a bad portion of the drive was found, and marked as bad, so the hard drive won't use that portion again. Generally for this number, once it starts on a hard drive, will rise exponentially until the drive is unusable.

Solution
Nov 26, 2018

In your case, I would back up important data and invest in an SSD. Reallocated sectors are a bad sign in hard drives - it means that a bad portion of the drive was found, and marked as bad, so the hard drive won't use that portion again. Generally for this number, once it starts on a hard drive, will rise exponentially until the drive is unusable.

So why I am having booting issue? Is it related to Bad hard drive? Also what about 100% active timr most of the time