TOSHIBA Hybrid Drive MQ01ABD100H

Robert Blunt II

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
To start, thanks for looking at my post, I'll try to be as detailed as possible listing the steps I've taken for my problem.

First and foremost, can anyone tell me if this hard drive is compatible with a desktop? - I tried to install it like my SSD, running the power and data cord and mounting it like a regular hard drive. I got zero response from my computer, it acted as if I didn't have it connected.
After letting it sit a few months, I'm at a point now where I need space on my drive and trying everything. I powered down my PC, disconnected the drive and tried an alternate route. I have the Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower which has an external SSD quick connection on top of the case with the front USB Bus. I powered up my PC and seen it still didn't register. My next solution was to grab the USB quick connect hard drive cord that came with my SSD and see if the computer would try to install it if it was a foreign device connected via USB.
To my surprise the computer registered the device, it acknowledged that it was a storage device and said it successfully installed the device. Immediately after it installed I checked under my computer to see if it picked up the external hard drive connection, still nothing. The only thing I'm aware to find a active device other than it registering on the computer window is to go to, Control Panel->View devices and printers. The hard drive comes up as Usb production, I can't access it as a storage folder. I can only view the properties and heres what I get.
fjeulu.png

This is what the connection I've landed, and what the connectors the device look like. The red circle on the far right I havnt had anything connected to. Idk if it's neccessary. Thanks in advance for help, cheers.
i69lwy.png

Robert Blunt II

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

I got this device for 80$ last summer. Sorry I posted prematurely then did an edit for more information.
Thanks for that SSD link though, saved it for my next buy lol.

TRENDING THREADS