Question (Toshiba) I can't find my laptop website or drivers

Jun 22, 2023
My laptop model is C660-B080 (That's what the Box and the laptop sticker and even the Toshiba Information Product say) and I upgraded it to Windows 10 PRO and I can't Find the drivers (don't recommend driver updater please) And when I searched over the internet for the drivers I can't find the specific one for B080 and I don't even have the Recovery CD(tried pressing 0 didn't work) if anyone have the Recovery cd or drivers or the website send it please

Just found a relevant forum thread from 2012

So - back then, there was shared a link to a driver for W7. Maybe that one (if the link provided still works) will work on W10.

Jun 22, 2023
Just found a relevant forum thread from 2012

So - back then, there was shared a link to a driver for W7. Maybe that one (if the link provided still works) will work on W10.
The link says 404

USAFRet

Titan
Jun 22, 2023
Well, that assessment is probably right, simply because the age of model. But still, I'm kind of curious what (if any) answer OP will get from Toshiba.

Btw - I bet most Linux distros should be able to run on that computer just fine. Especially one that has a lighter desktop - i.e. Linux Mint Xfce/mate.

Jun 22, 2023
Ok, that's a Toshiba issue. Have you tried to contact in other means on this issue ?
Yea I tried , all they said is that's they don't support this device anymore and I should go buy a new dynabook and told me why dynabook is a good laptop and why I should buy it

Jun 22, 2023
Well, that assessment is probably right, simply because the age of model. But still, I'm kind of curious what (if any) answer OP will get from Toshiba.

Btw - I bet most Linux distros should be able to run on that computer just fine. Especially one that has a lighter desktop - i.e. Linux Mint Xfce/mate.
My laptop is already good and fast and have good performance in games with 2 gb ram and Intel i3 core

Yea I tried , all they said is that's they don't support this device anymore and I should go buy a new dynabook and told me why dynabook is a good laptop and why I should buy it

My laptop is already good and fast and have good performance in games with 2 gb ram and Intel i3 core
Kind of sad the manufacturer isn't promoting a more environment friendly approach - i.e. I read it like they expect you to just toss the old one.

USAFRet

Titan
Kind of sad the manufacturer isn't promoting a more environment friendly approach - i.e. I read it like they expect you to just toss the old one.
Sad, maybe.

But how many resources should they expend in decade old hardware that is, even if running perfectly, is no longer a match for current software?

I have a similar age (slightly older) Tosh laptop. It was my original Win 10 test box.
2GB RAM, Celeron900 CPU...

It ran WIN 10, but it would never really be acceptable.
Shown in the opening comment in this thread: