Question Toshiba L55T-B5257W boot problem? hdd? memory? :/

Jul 21, 2019
I have this problem (excuse me. but my english could be very poor)

This notebook, had a problem with the AC connector. So i changed it. Now, it power up normal, no problems.

But, when im trying to update ram memory (up to 8 gb... came with 6 - 4+2 -) screen doesnt show Toshiba´s logo even, with ram that worked on another notebook.

Then, back to the main memory, clock setup restart after I shut down notebook... Even if I change clock, it seems that boot sequence doesn´t change... so, is weird for me.

Even if I use CD-ROM, USB, External CD-ROM with the original W7 (or W7 ISO), it arrives up to Starting Windows Setup logo and stays there for a while.

May I upgrade bios? (1.7 actually) Or what do you suggest? Thx in advance! :D

Lutfij

Titan
Jul 21, 2019
Which BIOS version are you on at the moment? You should be updating the BIOS higher than what you already have. On another note, pertaining to your ram question, the maximum on the platform is 6GB however this site as well as Crucial say you can upgrade the ram to 16GB. Might want to parse on a pic of both stick of ram for your laptop for us to understand what you're working with.

Also what did you do to get 8GB of ram onboard the laptop?

Ok... let´s see...
Bios version, now is 1.7

I have 2 notebooks, the same model, the same memory... 1 have the motherboard broken and the other one, flexes are broken... so, I manage to fix the best from both. Memory I have tested, is 2 modules of 4GB Samsung 4gb 1rx8 pc3l 12800s 11 13 b4...

Then, about HDD... I used first, SSD ADATA 256GB ULTIMATE SU800 and now a HGST 1TB 5K1000-1000

Jul 21, 2019
So, I manage to solve my problem.

I someone have the same problem, to solve it, you must change THE BOOT mode at BIOS SETUP. CSM boot, thats one will let my system install

TRENDING THREADS